+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Straw poll: Maynard in or out?

Out.

His opportunity to potentially get me to change my mind ended yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    We need a leader who will influence recruitment during the whole of the close season. It's going to be a tester for the Bros.
    It's going to be a tester for Richard Montague more like, he has the say on transfers etc. So it's all down to him. Not holding my breath he'll do any better than the last pre season. More likely to give Captain Calamity another 2 year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    It's going to be a tester for Richard Montague more like, he has the say on transfers etc. So it's all down to him. Not holding my breath he'll do any better than the last pre season. More likely to give Captain Calamity another 2 year contract.
    I don't know the in's and out's of the recruiting process (other than the basic concept and RM' role in it) I was thinking more along the lines that it is potentially a bigger job than Radar can cope with and might need to include bigger hands in deeper wallets? My other thought was what to conclude if the issue isn't addressed.

Abstain.

Think we need to trust the owners to do the right thing.

Out, it's too late for him now here.

It was the wrong appointment in the first place. Wasn't he assistant at Wealdstone then promoted to head coach after the manager went to Barrow? They're doing really well under that manager and obviously did well at Wealdstone so SM had to maintain the style with players who believed in it anyway. He'd never done something on his own or from a relatively fresh start. You could say LW carried on from IB but he also installed the hard edge and pace of play we all knew I was lacking. He was also a leader who took no crap.

I feel really bad for SM but this wasn't the right job for his first in league football due to expectation and the state of the defence.

Out - I'm afraid. on the basis that I believe he was the wrong choice in the first place.

Absolutely no wish to see Stuart Maynard humiliated, he seems a good guy but this is just not working. I didn't enjoy the game at all yesterday and see little, if any progress. I'm disinclined towards more afternoons like that and others recently.

When the Reedtz changed head coach last time to bring Burchnall in it was almost exactly at this time of year. They answered questions about the timing by saying they wanted to bed a new head coach in to give him a head start for the following season. The precedent is there, although I don't expect them to press the button immediately.

The Magpies' season doeasn't now leave much to play for. I'd ask Jim to take charge and just maybe, good things might come from that such as team bonding and experience for Jim. The main concern for me would be the kind of new head coach the owners might choose to follow him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Abstain.

The implementation of the recruitment model and the managerial appointment have been the owners attempts to do the "right thing".

Both appear to have failed. We, the 9500 Notts' supporters saw it and heard it for ourselves on Saturday. We can't all be daft.

So what is the "right thing" now?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Abstain.

The Brothers are not daft. I would guess its all about availability and timing now.

Out for me, initially gave him the benefit of doubt but he has not shown anything that leads me to believe he can turn it around.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast