+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Straw poll: Maynard in or out?

Look, BFP is right apart from a short spell in 2nd half where we looked prime Luke the rest was painful to watch, 7 scored in six home games and ONE point tells me he doesn't know what he's doing.
    Look, if he stays I'm very worried for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    Just a straight in or out please and lets see how the voting goes.I will start off OUT.
    Got asked today at work in Inbred land what’s happened to Notts some lad couldn’t understand it who asked me, I just couldn’t answer him I think we all would like to know.

Definitely Out.
    Like all our fans I wanted SM & Co. to be successful , because that would mean Notts were doing well and successful too.
    Results have not been good enough after a good start to the season. Mid table would have sufficed after a poor start , but that wasn't the case.
    Football is a results based business and like any other business organisation, the club can't afford to lose customers.

Out. To come to a club the size of Notts from Wealdstone being a part time coach to one that was pushing up near the top beggars belief more so from the recruitment team.
    To get a big compensation package for your coach & employ SM has cheap option all over it.
    I said weeks ago, it takes balls to admit you got it wrong. I reckon if not gone now, won't be at the end & still here next season.
    No one wants to sack somebody, but sometimes things don't work out. I don't believe he was 1st choice, took too long to appoint him, the club said they had been keeping an eye on him., obviously not a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    I’m in until the end of the season.

Absolutely no point in sacking him at this point.

He might turn it around. And I’m not sure any caretaker is going to be any better.

That said. If there is a much better option available. It’s the bullet.
    I think we has to stay for the season that way he has had around 20 games.

If we got a new man in now and he lost 6/7 people would want him gone too.

I think the owners are smart enough to see that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    r.

Can we have the updated like-for-like points comparison, btw. I know LW's side won away at Salford so there's 3 points difference for starters.

Out, btw.
    I’d noticed those comparisons had gone a bit quiet.

Now the season’s gone i suppose I can see the arguments for keeping him until the season. That’ll become more difficult when we no doubt break the all time club record for successive home defeats on Monday. A quite unbelievable statistic for a coach in his first 7 games and one which should really result in a resignation in any normal world.

Best case , he turns it round and we Finnish really strong, he bombs and gets offloaded.
    Worst case he wins a few and is kept on for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Look, BFP is right apart from a short spell in 2nd half where we looked prime Luke the rest was painful to watch, 7 scored in six home games and ONE point tells me he doesn't know what he's doing.
    This in a game where the pressure was off. The fear of Relegation now gone but the goal of promotion still a possibility (top seven),you would have thought a recipie to play to win what I saw was the complete opposite!

If he stays for next season we will be relegated...

Best case , he turns it round and we Finnish really strong, he bombs and gets offloaded.
    Worst case he wins a few and is kept on for next season.
    Or we do a Danish and bring home the bacon

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast