+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Straw poll: Maynard in or out?

Quote Originally Posted by SinceSept1959 View Post
    John Coleman did superbly well for Stanley but was unsuccessful at Rochdale as JS was likewise at the Blades .Keith Hill was good at 'Dale but poor elsewhere.
    Strange how some clubs and bosses are compatible really.
    It would certainly be different football with Coley , or Ainsworth for that matter too.
    A better fit for Notts would be Scott Lindsey as someone has already posted.
    Lee Bell at Crewe has done unexpectedly well and I doubt we'd get him .
    Going down the non- league path Woodman has had two good seasons at Bromley , but again had no experience as head coach in Lge 2.
    We dont want anymore none league part timers. We need someone with EFL experience...

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We dont want anymore none league part timers. We need someone with EFL experience...
    Ideal man would be Steve Evans I absolutely hate the man but if it meant the difference us getting up next season and us being relegation fodder I’d take him and buy out his contract.
    I know a few Mansfield lads who’s played under him apparently he’s a bully but gets results and he’s proven

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Ideal man would be Steve Evans I absolutely hate the man but if it meant the difference us getting up next season and us being relegation fodder I’d take him and buy out his contract.
    I know a few Mansfield lads who’s played under him apparently he’s a bully but gets results and he’s proven
    As much as he has done some decent jobs he is one of the last people I would want at Notts.

This thread might as well be entitled ‘people least likely our owners will employ’.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    This thread might as well be entitled ‘people least likely our owners will employ’.
    That made me laugh! There's more chance of me managing Notts than Steve Evans.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    That made me laugh! There's more chance of me managing Notts than Steve Evans.
    Horrible foul mouthed man...

Steve Evans - dear me. I wouldn't want him anywhere near Wrexham. Remember when he was Boston manager when they were in L2? He was up to his neck in all sorts of dodgy dealings allegedly.

You might have to abandon this style of play thing to get results and get to League One. I don't see how you can do it in this league without spending a fortune first and foremost to get the players capable and even then the teams you play just won't let you do it like they did in the NL. Plus the pitches turn into cow pastures from October to March/April making it even more difficult.

I don't see why you couldn't get the Crewe manager, he's done well and they're always telling anyone and everyone who'll listen about how low their budget is.

I'm not convinced Maynard is in danger of getting sacked anytime soon though. Might be completely wrong but I just don't think its on the cards until at least Christmas. Your owners will want to give him a fair chance despite what's happened this season.

I'd be surprised if Jim Rodwell didn't push for bringing Steve Evans to Notts circa 2011-2012, which would have worked out far far better for us than it did employing the likes of Short, Ince, Curle and Kiwomya. I can imagine Ray Trew considering it, but a certain somebody whispering in his ear to make sure that an almost-guaranteed successful scenario didn't happen.

I'd be very impressed if the current owners were humbled by their FL experience to the point of taking a back seat and employing a proper name manager with "winner" written all-over his CV, I don't see that happening until we've gone through the process of desperately fighting relegation, employing a fire fighter and only then realising other clubs are operating in the real world, as opposed to playing to the laws coded into their computer software.

Everyone tries to get a "winner" in but there isnt that many of them about even at the very top.

Some people like Williams hadnt won a thing but he was inspired and has jumped 2-3 levels in 18 months.

Its pretty much all a gamble sometimes you get lucky sometimes you dont.

I dont really think that Maynard was the cheap option has many have said.i think the brothers truly believe he was the correct replacement with the potential to improve himself and the club.Ok it may seem to be a mistake but that's the way it goes. You win some and lose some and they have plenty of pluses in the bank.They have made many more correct decisions than wrong so far.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast