Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
In a sense it's true, but I'm not buying it as an excuse.

"Individual errors" has been a go-to quote for many managers under pressure over the years. Most goals come from individual errors if you think about it, be they minor or major, and it's an easy way to lay off your own responsibility as a manager.

The biggest "individual error" against Salford was Stuart Maynard's own, moving Jodi Jones to the wrong side of the field where he's clearly less comfortable and effective, and that affected the attacking balance and confidence of the whole team in the first half. I think when players aren't confident in the roles they've been given and the way they're set up, that's when "individual errors" tend to creep in.

To be fair I don't think the players have stopped trying/playing for SM, but I don't get the impression they believe in him, whereas they seemed to hang on Luke Williams' every word.

We'll see how SM gets on this weekend. Last Saturday was a tipping point in my opinion of whether he's a good manager who has just had a tough start, or a flawed manager who just hasn't really got it, and I'm now of the latter opinion.

That said, the owners are giving him every chance and for that reason so will I. I've never gone into a Notts game wanting us to lose or wanting a manager to fail, and now's no different. I wish Stuart Maynard the best but fear the worst is probably the most accurate way to describe where I am right now.
Tbf Jones had previously played on the right a lot and I’ve definitely heard an interview around when he signed that he liked to cut in off the right. I think he played on the right when he scored a hatrick against us.

I honestly don’t know the issue, is the attack blunted now he’s tried to balance us getting counter attacked, have the players just not got over LW, do players think he’s not up to it? or is it a case of all 3? It’s hard to fathom when you see complete performances likes Newport and Bradford away.