+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our players who are league 2 standard

Our players who are league 2 standard

I really think that Macari,Palmer(injured),Robertson,Jones,Mcgoldrick, Crowley and Langstaffe are the only ones.Jury is out on Jatta and Scott(injured).If you agree with me then three defenders and a goalie are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    I really think that Macari,Palmer(injured),Robertson,Jones,Mcgoldrick, Crowley and Langstaffe are the only ones.Jury is out on Jatta and Scott(injured).If you agree with me then three defenders and a goalie are needed.
    I disagree with you that Jones is League 2 standard.

He's League 1 at worst.

Yes of course ,but good enough to compete at this level was my criteria

You are a ‘Trialist’ - it shows!!!!

I think the jury has to be out on Bajrami for now too as he's been injured for the whole season.

On top of the ones you listed, personally I think Austin, Nemane and Baldwin all have enough about them to be part of a L2 squad too.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    I think the jury has to be out on Bajrami for now too as he's been injured for the whole season.

On top of the ones you listed, personally I think Austin, Nemane and Baldwin all have enough about them to be part of a L2 squad too.
    Baj was a bit part player last season, what makes you think he'd be better in league 2?

Langstaff, Jones and possibly Crowley will be gone this summer I'd imagine so replacements will be need all over the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Baj was a bit part player last season, what makes you think he'd be better in league 2?
    You know what the phrase 'jurys out' means right? Bajrami has been injured for literally the whole season and thus been unable to play in L2.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Langstaff, Jones and possibly Crowley will be gone this summer I'd imagine so replacements will be need all over the pitch.
    They are all in contract. I wouldn't sell Jones or Langstaff for less than a million each. Crowley well into six figures. So that's, say, £2.5 million, the majority of which could be reinvested. Bare in mind our wage bill for the entire year is well below that amount, we should be able to build a squad worthy of a promotion push. I doubt we'll ever be able to replace Jones or Langstaff like for like in terms of output, but we could sign genuine quality across the team, a bit like Mansfield and Wrexham have.

I think it's rather unfair to single out players who are having a bad game here and there. They might be playing to a "style" dictated to them by a manager who's having a bad game almost every game. All of our first team have more good games than bad but SM is having the opposite. Therefore his effect is a negative one if he's experimenting with different formations that don't work, as in shifting Macca to the left and Jones to the oppsite wing, but will he learn? Results so far would show he isn't learning now, apart from two games won where he changed the team for the next game, it showed too in the somewhat mystifying lack of cohesion inasmuch as we sank in both without trace.

Witness yesterday's instructions in a game where we saw a bewildered Slocombe wondering which of our marked players he should kick the ball out to, was it their fault also for wondering where they should stand, as lively as the Terracotta Army? It was plain for all to see that he was going to pass it to Camaron who would look round, walk left, then right, still looking round, thinking he was visiting Madam Tussauds, before passing it back to an advancing Slocombe who then booted the ball upfield - that really foxed Salford! But was he and the rest of the the team following orders from a man totally out of his depth?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast