+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you feel connected to RUFC today?

The only connection I have is with you lot on here. I feel connected to my club in the sense in that if the Millers aren’t playing I’m not that interested, but I don’t feel part of the club in a family sense.

I've supported the club for more than 65 years and have had a season ticket for decades so my allegiance isn't going to change now.
    My feeling is that the club doesn't really care about me or any of its supporters as it is run by an autocrat who has surrounded himself with a bunch of yes men so there is no real hope of significant progress while that remains the case.
    Will I renew my season ticket? Possibly, but it's by no means a certainty at the moment.

Neither rugger, nor our results, disconnect me, BUT the juvenile Woke agenda that we've endured for years definitely does.
    Those with the rainbow flags can stick em where they give most pleasure.
    And the only time our team should be on its knees is after we've scored.
    And I know there are many Millersaurs who feel like me.

Feel dissalusioned

That the manager keeps on getting blamed for the lack off proper investment

Yes and no.

This year, the club feels an entity.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    No I don't Brin.

I feel that the board etc are aloof and have pulled up the ladder behind them

I have made a few suggestions over the years but never even had a reply.

I am not the only one either.
    I fully understand where you're coming from. There seems to be a total lack of communication from upstairs. I was told over the weekend that it's looking like next season will be Tony Stewart's last, my source didn't say if it was for health/age reasons just purely that he thinks he's definitely looking to bow out at the end of the Centenary year. Nothing wrong with that but, in order for this club to make it's mark and look to retain Championship standing it requires a clean sweep of everything, and I mean everything!

My gaff, with a big pie in the face, but I always understood Paul Douglas to be our CEO as I'm sure I've heard him being announced as such on football heaven??. It's only when I posted the list of the board the other day, that I saw he was our COO, Chief 'Operating' Officer.

This goes a long way to understand why our retention and recruitment wage prices have always been aloof as there is no CEO in place to deal with all of this, add on top of that Tony openly admits he knows nothing about football so, is there any wonder why we can't sort players contracts out earlier and retain our better ones, far better than letting them walk on a free once their contract is up?

Who would have thought that the biggest investment ever by TS this season would have been wasted so badly on recruitment and retaining players who walked?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miller View Post
    Neither rugger, nor our results, disconnect me, BUT the juvenile Woke agenda that we've endured for years definitely does.
    Those with the rainbow flags can stick em where they give most pleasure.
    And the only time our team should be on its knees is after we've scored.
    And I know there are many Millersaurs who feel like me.
    Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I've supported the club for more than 65 years and have had a season ticket for decades so my allegiance isn't going to change now.
    My feeling is that the club doesn't really care about me or any of its supporters as it is run by an autocrat who has surrounded himself with a bunch of yes men so there is no real hope of significant progress while that remains the case.
    Will I renew my season ticket? Possibly, but it's by no means a certainty at the moment.
    I’ve supported the club for a similar time and done season tickets at executive level and now a more normal level. Travelled home and away until about 4 seasons ago. I gave mine and my wife’s season tickets away when LR was appointed. Do I feel connected to RUFC? No I don’t and we won’t be renewing the season tickets, so we’re giving up our front row seats in the West Stand, seats we’ve held since NYS opened. We paid for two extras as well and took friends.

I feel no connection with the players, the manager and the clubs hierarchy. The only thing I’ll miss is Popeyes
    Last edited by CAMiller; 24-03-2024 at 08:31 PM.

I do feel as connected as before but I can understand and sympathize with those who are physically closer to the club and turn up week in week out to watch at a not inconsiderable cost.

For me the ups and downs within the club, and the apparent lack of connection with the fans, is fairly immaterial. My loyalty is to the tribe - and the simple fact that I can feel a part of the Millers community through social media and old and new friends inside and outside RUFC itself is enough. Maybe being half a world away provides a different perspective on what it means to be a Millers supporter.

I'll always be connected to Rotherham United. It's just that the current ownership,archaic administration,pathetic recruitment and woefully useless team management are doing their best to alienate me. Season ticket renewal,after many many years is definitely a doubtful proposition.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast