+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you feel connected to RUFC today?

It is a quiet ground, especially the East Stand, but is that the acoustics or the fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Yes I fell connected to the club, but I feel it is a one sided relationship at the moment.
    That’s the key point. One sided. And they will lose a lot of bums on seats.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    I’ve supported the club for a similar time and done season tickets at executive level and now a more normal level. Travelled home and away until about 4 seasons ago. I gave mine and my wife’s season tickets away when LR was appointed. Do I feel connected to RUFC? No I don’t and we won’t be renewing the season tickets, so we’re giving up our front row seats in the West Stand, seats we’ve held since NYS opened. We paid for two extras as well and took friends.

I feel no connection with the players, the manager and the clubs hierarchy. The only thing I’ll miss is Popeyes
    Hi Pete. How are you? Good to see a post from you. Totally agree with you on your observations. Such sadness it has come to the state we are in. Here's to old memories and better times.

It looks like I`m in a minority here,but I don`t feel any different to the club than I did 5,10 or 20 years ago.
    It`s been a bloody awful season but we`ve had much worse chucked at us,and I really don`t get the dislike of Mr Stewart all of a sudden,he really doesn`t say anything different now to what he was saying 15 years ago,and there are much,much worse chairmen out there.
    So it`s possible he`s had enough anyway,which is fair enough,getting on a bit,his wife died not long ago,perhaps he`s had enough of all this,can`t say I blame him,the centenary year would be the perfect way to bow out,he owes us nothing and we owe him a lot,put simply,there would no RUFC without him.
    Of course he has made mistakes,and probably will do again,but be careful what you wish for,I honestly think he deserves a bit more respect than he gets from some,but as I said,I seem to be a minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    It looks like I`m in a minority here,but I don`t feel any different to the club than I did 5,10 or 20 years ago.
    It`s been a bloody awful season but we`ve had much worse chucked at us,and I really don`t get the dislike of Mr Stewart all of a sudden,he really doesn`t say anything different now to what he was saying 15 years ago,and there are much,much worse chairmen out there.
    So it`s possible he`s had enough anyway,which is fair enough,getting on a bit,his wife died not long ago,perhaps he`s had enough of all this,can`t say I blame him,the centenary year would be the perfect way to bow out,he owes us nothing and we owe him a lot,put simply,there would no RUFC without him.
    Of course he has made mistakes,and probably will do again,but be careful what you wish for,I honestly think he deserves a bit more respect than he gets from some,but as I said,I seem to be a minority.
    Yes, that’s a fair reflection of events

But the club has lost its identity, it’s all gone a bit “ beige”

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes, that’s a fair reflection of events

But the club has lost its identity, it’s all gone a bit “ beige”
    Yeah it was much better when your favourite Paul Warne was manager,even you must agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Yeah it was much better when your favourite Paul Warne was manager,even you must agree with that.
    Have to say you're not wrong their pal. Even Tony seems to have lost his way since Warney left.

I can sense a tiresome post about leaving us in the sh*t and acolytes incoming.

We have got to get back to the Warne/Moore/ Evans model again ASAP. Not perfect but the best we can hope for given the constraints we have. Up and at em, big and powerful, yeah not much skill but it will get us into champ again if nowt else.

Im hoping LR does the same tho I read somewhere he does at least want players to be able to pass a ball!
    Last edited by rolymiller; 25-03-2024 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kentmillerman View Post
    Hi Pete. How are you? Good to see a post from you. Totally agree with you on your observations. Such sadness it has come to the state we are in. Here's to old memories and better times.
    Ayup mate- I’m good thanks and hope you are too?
    When Evans was here, I could at times have strangled him for his harassment of players. I’d have him and Rev back in a heart beat now. At least we would have a sense of excitement and hope around the place. Even an atmosphere! It’s been dead at NYS for far too long now. Nardiello gave a great inter about Evans and even though he said he was a so and so, he was the manager who he rated the most.

Bring back Evans 😊

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast