+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trafford called up to the full England squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Positive pete View Post
    He's international class for his age group.
    I don't know who else they could have drafted in at this short notice
    Well said Pete. He was playing with the Under 21s the other day and is easy to contact as a third choice for a friendly match. It makes sense to involve him with the senior squad and I hope that he benefits from the experience.
    Other keepers who may have been considered could have been taking a break somewhere and uncontactable.

I think it's great idea. He has been virtually 100% perfect in the Under 21s and Southgate looks to allow players to climb up the international ladder as part of the England set-up.

Good luck to the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by chastenor View Post
    I wish him all the luck in the world, but he is not an international class goalkeeper. Whoever selected him has not been watching his performances for Burnley.
    What's the point of having U21s if you're not going to fast track them and give them as much experience as you can. He's not even close to starting for England yet, but Gareth bringing him into the squad under the circumstances is perfectly sensible and logical. For once I can see where Gareth is coming from, doesn't happen often.

Quote Originally Posted by chastenor View Post
    I wish him all the luck in the world, but he is not an international class goalkeeper. Whoever selected him has not been watching his performances for Burnley.
    You peaked my interest chastenor - what do you think Trafford had done wrong.

I can attribute directly 4/5 goals to his shall we say fault , but then I think he’s following orders in 2/3 of them of how to play out from the back.

After that most of our goals conceded aren’t attributed to him - you could point the finger at a few others mind , however the keeper can be ridiculed constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    You peaked my interest chastenor - what do you think Trafford had done wrong.

I can attribute directly 4/5 goals to his shall we say fault , but then I think he’s following orders in 2/3 of them of how to play out from the back.

After that most of our goals conceded aren’t attributed to him - you could point the finger at a few others mind , however the keeper can be ridiculed constantly.
    I think whoever had been in goal this season the goals against column would have read roughly the same, the problem is not the keeper.

I'm thinking of introducing a new CM forum fan policy. Please don't knock our own.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm thinking of introducing a new CM forum fan policy. Please don't knock our own.
    Nice thought BT, however, in the 72 years that I have been going on the Turf, this would be the first time that some fans would not be knocking our own.
    Fans have their favourites, fans have agendas and, over the years, even some of our excellent players have been knocked by our own fans, think back to Dwight, who, a couple of seasons ago was getting 'pelters' off lots of fans but who was still trying his hardest in a side which was struggling Sadly, it is the nature of the game and fans quickly forget the good things ------just look at how so many have turned on VK this season. Last season he was the best thing since sliced bread, however, according to too many fans, he doesn't know what he is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Nice thought BT, however, in the 72 years that I have been going on the Turf, this would be the first time that some fans would not be knocking our own.
    Fans have their favourites, fans have agendas and, over the years, even some of our excellent players have been knocked by our own fans, think back to Dwight, who, a couple of seasons ago was getting 'pelters' off lots of fans but who was still trying his hardest in a side which was struggling Sadly, it is the nature of the game and fans quickly forget the good things ------just look at how so many have turned on VK this season. Last season he was the best thing since sliced bread, however, according to too many fans, he doesn't know what he is doing.
    It's very counterproductive though mein freund. The Chelsea fans are currently destroying Raheem Sterling and I find it rather odious to be frank with you.

I think forums like this might be a good safety valve, criticising players on here does no harm in my opinion, I'm assuming the players have far more sense than to read the nonsense we spout, and getting it off your chest on here is much preferable to booing or abusing our players on the pitch. I never understand that, I've seen some right donkeys playing for BFC in my time but I've never ever even thought about booing a player wearing a Burnley shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I think forums like this might be a good safety valve, criticising players on here does no harm in my opinion, I'm assuming the players have far more sense than to read the nonsense we spout, and getting it off your chest on here is much preferable to booing or abusing our players on the pitch. I never understand that, I've seen some right donkeys playing for BFC in my time but I've never ever even thought about booing a player wearing a Burnley shirt.
    Spot on mon ami. Looking back young Jimmy was getting some awful stick on social media and in fairness to the lad he's still standing. Word is VK is playing him at the Bridge which will spell the end of Muric with us, if true.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)