+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cameron - kicking off on X

I feel sorry for KC and his family
    Most of our defensive players just don't have the skills or calmness to play the way we do, playing out from the back
    Every opposition manager knows what to do now, harass our defenders when they're in possession and there's a good chance they'll turn the ball over in the most dangerous areas
    There are possibly one or two players ahead of the defenders 'hiding' and not busting a gut to make angles to give options for forward passes in case they lose the ball and get stick from the home crowd
    Our two wins since SM came in were away, where the players seem less anxious and where the home team are expected to attack more rather than sit back and wait for our mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Jesus, there are some tw@ts on this board!!
    Yep. Probably the most accurate statement on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    It was Jimmy who did not tell the team that his wife had died that day until AFTER the match so as to not disrupt the preparations.
    Yes, Bradd says that's when he came to respect Jimmy's stance that he'd taken in the 1970s, Bradd obviously didn't take it well at the time, but the death of Jimmy's wife showed him that Sirrel was sincere in his total dedication to the club.
    You can't force that upon people, it's character, but we're obviously lacking that now. LW had it to a degree, he'd gone through adversity and applied himself instead of playing the victim. It was this sort of incident that allowed LW to step up to the plate and show the fans what he was about, but obviously in his case it was within a few weeks of his first game in charge. Maynard can take control of this, but it may have come too late for him as an opportunity to assert his authority over his players, in the eyes of the support.

Quote Originally Posted by Could'vebeenacontender View Post
    I feel sorry for KC and his family
    Most of our defensive players just don't have the skills or calmness to play the way we do, playing out from the back
    Every opposition manager knows what to do now, harass our defenders when they're in possession and there's a good chance they'll turn the ball over in the most dangerous areas
    There are possibly one or two players ahead of the defenders 'hiding' and not busting a gut to make angles to give options for forward passes in case they lose the ball and get stick from the home crowd
    Our two wins since SM came in were away, where the players seem less anxious and where the home team are expected to attack more rather than sit back and wait for our mistakes
    I've got to agree with this,I'm not KC's biggest fan but the abuse he gets is way overboard....a group behind me in the Pavis started having a go virtually before he touched the ball....he's not a central defender but as Baldwin isn't available he's the best option we have for the style we're playing....he had a good game v Bradford and showed the same amount of passion celebrating with us at the end as every other member of the squad....it was great to witness the joy on all their faces....i think he is also aware of the negative fans reaction and i think it's testament to the guy that he always comes over towards the Family stand end to applaud before the game regardless of the stick he's been getting!....as long as he's wearing a Notts shirt he'll always get my support!

If you subscribe to twitter (X) you are a renting a piece of Hell.

Keep away, keep your sanity, and let the demons fight amongst themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I hope somebody pointed out to her (before she closed her account) that your average fan will have personal issues to deal with also but still has to get up in a morning, go to work and put a shift it, risking an earful if he does a poor job and more often than not in a much less privileged and pampered environment than a professional footballer has to endure 90% of the time.
    The difference is you get one person (usually the boss) giving you a rollocking) not hundreds of strangers calling you every vile name possible and issuing threats to you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Jimmy Sirrel not speaking to Les Bradd for two weeks after Bradd ignored Sirrel's advise and returned to Rotherham to be with his family after his father had died.
    That's what sets the greats apart from the rest. Cruel and heartless it may be, but the best of the best know where their duty lies and I very much admire that dedication to the cause. It's what you need to get ahead in a competitive environment. Notts have been lacking in this mentality for many years.
    on

Sorry family comes first every time.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    The difference is you get one person (usually the boss) giving you a rollocking) not hundreds of strangers calling you every vile name possible and issuing threats to you and your family.
    And the flip side of that is that you get hundreds of strangers singing your name and cheering you when you do a good job, as opposed to one boss saying 'nice work son'. That's the nature of the job, being in the entertainment industry in the public eye in front of an audience. You don't get to dictate what kind of response you think you're entitled to, that's up to the paying customer, like it or lump it. Comedians get booed off stage, bands that suck at festivals get bottled off. If he's actually receiving genuine threats against his family, then he can pass those on to the relevant people to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckPie View Post
    What a stupid statement !!!!!
    Hiding behind his family to fight his battles
    Do you think Kyle instructed his partner & her sister to post last night don’t think so, some people just like to stir the pot.
    So suck pie it's ok to call the poster out for being stupid but not for the poster to call Cameron out for playing terribly! Double standards or what?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    on

Sorry family comes first every time.
    It does for me too and I suspect 99.9% of people, which is why people like Sirrel and Ferguson are a very special breed and why it's going to be hard to replace LW, the type who cannot switch off and understands the passion and emotion of the fans in whichever way that passion and emotion presents itself, not always in the way you'd like.
    If you want people fully invested in the club then they're going to bring all of their personality into it with them, flaws and all. I'd rather have that than go back to the cardboard cut outs of lockdown era.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast