+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: O/T Mega Poptastic Pop Quiz (53)

Open for 3rd dibs for anyone to show their prowess while I think up some clues.

2. There's a reason for the warm sweet nights And there's a reason for the candlelights
    6. And we won't be together much longer Unless we realize that we are the same
    7. Flipping like a pancake, popping like a cork
    8. Contempt in your eyes As I turn to kiss his lips Broken I lie
    12. Said are you ready, said are you ready to stop I said stop
    16. And before she knew (And before she knew) He kissed her tenderly
    28. It's too close for comfort, this heat has got right out of hand
    29. Makes me see what I want to see And be what I want to be
    31. To hold someone you care for
    39. I only get sleepless nights Alone here in my half-empty bed
    42. Always should be someone you really love
    49. There's no life on earth, no other could see me through
    51. To the song they're playin' on the radio
    52. I'll watch you suffer With no feelings, no feelings at all, oooh
    57. Fab Five Freddy told me everybody's fly DJ spinnin' I said, "My my"
    58. C'mon mek me said don't mess around on ya C'mek mek me tell ya don't want ta get ya
    60. I've kissed your lips and held your head Shared your dreams and shared your bed

2. Let your love flow - Bellamy Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by eversleymiller View Post
    2. Let your love flow - Bellamy Brothers
    That's correct.

Here are the clues to see if we can wrap this one up?

6. And we won't be together much longer Unless we realize that we are the same (Also a 'hit' for FYC)
    7. Flipping like a pancake, popping like a cork (Fleegle, Bing.......)
    8. Contempt in your eyes As I turn to kiss his lips Broken I lie ("...did I join the Communards" doesn't come after this title)
    12. Said are you ready, said are you ready to stop I said stop (Putting American periods amongst other punctation in order)
    16. And before she knew (And before she knew) He kissed her tenderly (A very long name for a coastal resort)
    28. It's too close for comfort, this heat has got right out of hand (It's what the England team suffer every 2 years)
    29. Makes me see what I want to see And be what I want to be (Two artists that meet the criteria had a hit with this potent potable)
    31. To hold someone you care for (...or to be a goalkeeper?)
    39. I only get sleepless nights Alone here in my half-empty bed (Tough question from the same artists as No 6)
    42. Always should be someone you really love (Brin probably thinks this song about youngsters is by Blue )
    49. There's no life on earth, no other could see me through (Will we hear these words again this season? I doubt it)
    51. To the song they're playin' on the radio (Most men finally say this to a woman when the bar finally shuts)
    52. I'll watch you suffer With no feelings, no feelings at all, oooh (TS might sing this to the fans when he finally departs)
    57. Fab Five Freddy told me everybody's fly DJ spinnin' I said, "My my" (Not many white women dipped into this genre 40 years ago)
    58. C'mon mek me said don't mess around on ya C'mek mek me tell ya don't want ta get ya (Most men end up saying this whilst doing No 51 when the bar finally shuts)
    60. I've kissed your lips and held your head Shared your dreams and shared your bed (Farewell to a paramour?)

CAM, cheers for the extra clue

42. Blur - Girls and boys

16. The only song with a really stupidly long name that could be a coastal resort is the one by Max Bygreaves

Something Gilly Gilly Ossen summat or other, sorry don't know the full title. Maybe some older person on here knows it all.

That's providing i'm correct

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    CAM, cheers for the extra clue

42. Blur - Girls and boys
    16. The only song with a really stupidly long name that could be a coastal resort is the one by Max Bygreaves

Something Gilly Gilly Ossen summat or other, sorry don't know the full title. Maybe some older person on here knows it all.

Correct and correctish.

51. Bowie - Let's Dance.

7. The tra la la song - Banana Splits
    28. Cruel cruel summer - Bananarama (is there another theme developing here CAM?!)
    31. You need hands - Max Bygraves
    49. You win again - Bee Gees (good topical clue!)

60. Goodbye My Lover - James Blunt (not a great fan of his but I know him more because he married a girl my son went out with for quite a while when they were at school together.)
    Last edited by CTMilller; 26-03-2024 at 10:43 PM.

I’ll have a go:

Gilly Gilly
    Ossen Pfeffer
    Katzenellen
    Bogen-by-the-sea

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast