+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brindley,Needham ,Stubbs,Worthington

Brindley,Needham ,Stubbs,Worthington

Sadly i am getting old but does anyone remember that back 4,hey they didnt take any prisoners

A lot of us will remember them well and its a good job there wasn't any social media in those days because Bob unwarranted in MHOP used to come if for a lot criticism not unlike K C and others in todays team.
    What a back four though.

I remember them well. "Bill" Brindley started selling Notts lottery tickets (he came to my house once and drank my beer) Dave Needham went to Forest, Brian Stubbs I used to see in a computer shop on Mapperley top and Bob Worthington was the brother of Frank of Leicester City fame. All part of the "Land of The Giants" team in the early 1970s

I used to see Stubbsy in Kevs computer shop, Bill Brindleys brother Steve tried to break my leg in a Sunday league cup final and I once met Bob Worthingtons brother Frank on a beach in Ibiza. Dave Needham was my hero at Notts signed for Forest via QPR.

To think that back 4 played in the same division as we are now in they are like chalk and cheese compared to todays defenders and no they wern't just tough well perhaps Stubbsy was but the others could play especially Nudger

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post
    To think that back 4 played in the same division as we are now in they are like chalk and cheese compared to todays defenders and no they wern't just tough well perhaps Stubbsy was but the others could play especially Nudger
    Well it ain't a contact sport any more, not since we started importing them poncey forreners and pandering to their sissy ways.

... or even Sheridan Loxley Carver

It really was a different era and I know your memory plays tricks on you but that 70/71 side was fantastic to watch. I used to go, certain in knowledge that we would win. We've had that feeling back for a year or so but unlike the 70/71 team the current team have not been able to maintain momentum. The 71/72 season saw us finish 4th in Lg Div 3 behind Villa, Brighton and Bournemouth.
    But we did have a pretty good manager.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... or even Sheridan Loxley Carver
    Carver was a very skilful player, I think he played for Everton before coming to us?

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    Sadly i am getting old but does anyone remember that back 4,hey they didnt take any prisoners

The first team I remember and memorised and can still recite today was

Brown
    Brindley
    Worthington
    Masson
    Needham
    Stubbs
    Nixon
    Randall
    Bradd
    Carter
    Carlin