+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Cambridge United

Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Cambridge United

Well just about the same time The game kicks off I'll be on my way to Featherstone to watch Trinity , quite why the EFL can't organise the fixtures where derby games are over the Xmas and Easter period is beyond me but since when did the fans have any consideration shown in modern day football ? .

Hopefully we get back to winning ways and discover a bit of form that will give everyone a lift .

I think if we can win this one it will give us the momentum to go and get the points at Burton , there are no easy games especially at this stage of the season but with the return of Kane I am hopeful we can do the business & end up with a happy easter.

Arses begin to twitch amongst the players in the teams at the top end of the table at the thought of better/ new contract offers.

Thoughts of dropping wage levels or losing jobs spur on the players in the teams at the bottom end.

Those in the middle are on the beach mentally seeking to avoid injury.

All part of the end of season run in beginning at Easter.

Both Cambridge (20th) and Burton (19th) are lurking just above the relegation zone and will be feyting for survival. Both games will be hard work and could go either way. Results,not performances, are the order of the day.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 27-03-2024 at 07:25 AM.

I know deep down that we probably aren’t good enough for the automatics, even if we are usually good at grinding results out but given we are still within touching distance and with Derby failing last Saturday, I can’t keep my eye off that second place.

I’m expecting both games over the Easter weekend to be tight, scrappy games but if we are serious about getting automatic promotion, it needs to be 6 points.

It’s getting to the stage of the season where every result seems to have a dramatic impact on the division so the table could look at lot different come Monday evening. Hopefully for the better in our case.

Quote Originally Posted by NerfHerder View Post
    I know deep down that we probably aren’t good enough for the automatics, even if we are usually good at grinding results out but given we are still within touching distance and with Derby failing last Saturday, I can’t keep my eye off that second place.

I’m expecting both games over the Easter weekend to be tight, scrappy games but if we are serious about getting automatic promotion, it needs to be 6 points.

It’s getting to the stage of the season where every result seems to have a dramatic impact on the division so the table could look at lot different come Monday evening. Hopefully for the better in our case.
    Am thinking same Nerf. Deep darn a know wi not quite good enough to get 2nd one but tha can't help but think wi still in wi a chance although it would take 7 wins from last 8 games in my opinion. A good start would be 6 points ova Easter.

Pre-Cambridge presser with Neill Collins
    Donovan Pines is out for the season. He has had to have surgery. Thigh injury
    #barnsleyfc

Last week he was almost ready. Communications do really seem to be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Pre-Cambridge presser with Neill Collins
    Donovan Pines is out for the season. He has had to have surgery. Thigh injury
    #barnsleyfc

Last week he was almost ready. Communications do really seem to be a problem.
    Donovan Pines is set to miss the remainder of Barnsley’s season with a thigh problem which requires surgery, Neill Collins has confirmed.

The American centre-back has started three games for the Reds since signing in January, coming off the bench once, and scoring twice. But he picked up an injury at home to Bolton earlier this month and is expected to return for pre-season.

Collins told the Chronicle: “It’s very disappointing. The club took really extensive medical advice from a number of people and it was categorical that this was the best route to get him back to his best.

“It’s nothing majorly serious. We’re disappointed for Donovan and the team, but as always it’s an opportunity for someone else.”

Collins added: “You always feel the victim. We sign someone who we think will be really important, then he picks up an injury. It’s football. It happens across the board.”

Collins said earlier in the month he hoped Pines would recover by now. He said: “At times when we are asked about injuries we can’t be fully transparent. I always try to be as transparent as I can but it’s private, confidential information and 23 other teams in this league would like to know it as well.”

Pines had not played for five months then made four appearances in 17 days. Collins said: “We have been very fortunate that the medical staff have done a fantastic job. We monitor all these things. Based on all the numbers, Donovan was not high risk.

“We had built him up but one thing you can’t quantify is that might be third or fourth time in Donny’s career that he has played Saturday then Tuesday.

“You are never sure how the body reacts to that. You never get 100 per cent right. We have got a lot more right than wrong. No one could have foreseen him picking up the injury in the way he did.”

Pines’ fellow centre-back Robbie Cundy could be available for selection after playing three under 21s games having missed almost a year with injury.

Collins said: “I didn’t have any expectations with Robbie. He didn’t train or play for most of my time here. But he’s really caught my eye with his composure, and his ability to win aerial duels. He’s someone I think will have a role to play. How big or small will depend on a number of factors, but at least he’s in there with a chance.”

Its a real shame both for Pines & for the club but these things happen , you only have to look at his fellow country man Dike to see how unlucky a player can be ,but this may give Cundy an unforeseen opportunity , we will see .

Yeah bad luck on Don. Cundy hasn’t shown us much yet but I hope he can add something to our current defence as I worry about the nervy end of the season with our current incumbents. They are shaky enough without the pressure of the crucial games to come.

And I’ve gone and predicted two clean sheets in the next two games.🥱

Good wishes on a speedy recovery Donovan C Pines.

I had looked forward to seeing him dwarf the Wembley pitch.

The communication on this always had the air of "summat's not reyt". Collins is poor at the mind games stuff, moving from "he is nearly ready to return" to being "out until next season" in a few days is quite a jump.

The comment that he wasn't ready for the pressure of two games a week as he has never done that before in the USA is one I have not heard before.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast