+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Cambridge United

I can't comment on the game because I didn't watch it but it sounds like another poor home performance from what I've read .

Really need to shake ourselves and find some form especially at Oakwell .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I can't comment on the game because I didn't watch it but it sounds like another poor home performance from what I've read .

Really need to shake ourselves and find some form especially at Oakwell .
    Animal, believe me. Half way through, I could hear Nudger in my ear saying “Crab football “. It was… absolutely.
    70%+ posession. And as entertaining as watching
    Paint dry

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Animal, believe me. Half way through, I could hear Nudger in my ear saying “Crab football “. It was… absolutely.
    70%+ posession. And as entertaining as watching
    Paint dry
    I was in a pub in Castleford watching Sky Soccer Special and when the second goal went in and that pretty much ended my interest Jules .

It's been a hard watch all season but we kept getting the results which I suppose has hid many things this season .

You never do keep getting away with it in football , eventually the chickens come home to roost .

Where the blame lies is probably another debate altogether .

We are bad at home because teams sit back and defend and we don’t have the nous to break them down.
    We are better away because the home team don’t sit back to defend, they attack and we counter!
    The blame lies with the manager who is not seeing this, he should have gone 442 to bolster the midfield so we had more numbers in attacking positions when coming forward, he’s had enough warnings from previous home games but sticks with the same formation.
    To me it’s like watching Man City or Liverpool with inferior players! I lost count of the times today that we were virtually on the edge of their area but the ball ended up back with the central defenders tippy, tapping it between themselves.
    Cadden to Mael, mael to Cadden, Cadden to Mael, Mael to McCart, McCart to Williams, Williams runs 5 feet and passes to Kane, Kane looks forward and turns back to pass to McCart, McCart to Earl who forges forward gives it to McAtee, McAtee gives it to Kane who plays it back to the keeper………..Repeat…….Repeat…….Repeat…..no wonder Oakwell is always quiet everyone’s asleep, it’s awful stuff to watch, it seems they are concentrating so much on the half time entertainment, they have forgotten to tell Collins and the players to entertain on the pitch!
    Maybe our new song should be…..Paint dry, it’s just like watching paint dry, it’s just like watching paint dry, paint dry…….
    Last edited by perkytyke; 30-03-2024 at 12:53 AM.

Thankfully only two games left to play at Oakwell (plus one in Play Offs ?).

Burton A
    Charlton A
    Stevenage A
    Reading H
    Portsmouth A
    Blackpool A
    Northampton H

Some fans are even pushing an elephant into the room (no, not Steve Evans) and wondering if top six is guaranteed. Keep an eye on Lincoln's, Oxford's and Stevenage's results. I'll go out on a limb and say we will be in the Play Offs.

Go Well Neill's Men of Grove Street.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 30-03-2024 at 06:28 AM.

It was truly an awful watch & once again our shocking defending was the catalyst for defeat , we gifted them a horror goal & suddenly you could see the pattern of the game which was Barnsley trying to break down two banks of well organised banks of five who did not attempt to make a tackle until we were 30 yards from goal & with us lacking the the players to unlock their unit the result was never in doubt, yes we missed some good chances but poor quality players do miss chances & of course the inevitable happened , a free kick into the box & our static defence allow a free header & bingo its all over . Early in the season I posted that our back three were not up to it and a well known poster on here said that these new defenders were as good as last years departed , absolute bunkem , we have witnessed all season error after error & yesterdays own goal was another classic, some of our fans rave about this French lad as if he was something special well for me he is truly out of his depth , doing the odd drop of the shoulder & Krueff turn does not make him special , his lack of concentration at key moments stands out like a sore thumb & he continues to make mistake after mistake , we will be in division one next season for sure & if we have any intentions of giving it a go we have to get the back line sorted , its no good bringing in lower league potential to replace players who have moved up to the championship & the premier leagues , we have to re think our strategy .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    It was truly an awful watch & once again our shocking defending was the catalyst for defeat , we gifted them a horror goal & suddenly you could see the pattern of the game which was Barnsley trying to break down two banks of well organised banks of five who did not attempt to make a tackle until we were 30 yards from goal & with us lacking the the players to unlock their unit the result was never in doubt, yes we missed some good chances but poor quality players do miss chances & of course the inevitable happened , a free kick into the box & our static defence allow a free header & bingo its all over . Early in the season I posted that our back three were not up to it and a well known poster on here said that these new defenders were as good as last years departed , absolute bunkem , we have witnessed all season error after error & yesterdays own goal was another classic, some of our fans rave about this French lad as if he was something special well for me he is truly out of his depth , doing the odd drop of the shoulder & Krueff turn does not make him special , his lack of concentration at key moments stands out like a sore thumb & he continues to make mistake after mistake , we will be in division one next season for sure & if we have any intentions of giving it a go we have to get the back line sorted , its no good bringing in lower league potential to replace players who have moved up to the championship & the premier leagues , we have to re think our strategy .
    I didn't know we had a strategy Shad , what I call a patchwork quilt .

The playing side from the DOF , Recruitment and HC should all be working together , the DOF gets a pass because it's early days but for me the link between recruitment and Collins just hasn't been there this season .

Massive amount of mistakes in recruitment made this season in my opinion is the major contributing factor .

Collins is a dilemma , we are top 6 , we've lost one game all season away from home and we've scored goals and yet sometimes you feel he gets found wanting with the subs and tactically .

Mind you in all honesty what's the point of getting promoted to the championship this season .

Absolutely can't see this club in one transfer window building a team who could give the championship at least a good go .

Frustrating day to say the least.

The defence yet again highlighted it's naivety and vulnerability. Will they ever learn and get better???

The lack of options on the bench to actually change a game for us is very limited to say the least- there's no strength in depth to this squad.

Yesterday we just didn't have the necessary quality at both ends of the pitch.

I thought we should've attacked a lot more from wide areas yesterday rather than persistently trying to play through the middle. Early crosses from wide areas offer more threat and mix it up. We definitely could've done more of that against that stubborn Cambridge defence.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Frustrating day to say the least.

The defence yet again highlighted it's naivety and vulnerability. Will they ever learn and get better???

The lack of options on the bench to actually change a game for us is very limited to say the least- there's no strength in depth to this squad.

Yesterday we just didn't have the necessary quality at both ends of the pitch.

I thought we should've attacked a lot more from wide areas yesterday rather than persistently trying to play through the middle. Early crosses from wide areas offer more threat and mix it up. We definitely could've done more of that against that stubborn Cambridge defence.
    I've wondered for some time why we continually persist with three at the back .

The balance just isn't there in my opinion , surely with two centre backs and the extra midfield player option it would be an easier thing to fix .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I've wondered for some time why we continually persist with three at the back .

The balance just isn't there in my opinion , surely with two centre backs and the extra midfield player option it would be an easier thing to fix .
    Depends on the opposition and the way a game is going.

The fact that we gave Cambridge an absolute gift of a goal gave them some belief and something to defend. They were on a bad run of form, low on confidence, lost 8 of their last 10 and heading for relegation. We score early and they cave in. We instead gift wrap them a totally stupid goal and they park the bus.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast