+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: Swindon Town (A) 29.03.24 [EFL L2]

📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: Swindon Town (A) 29.03.24 [EFL L2]

He speaks well - I wish him every success for the future. COYP’s

We have many players that speak well. Let's see more talking on the pitch.

And where were the senior players? Why throw a rookie in front of the media at this perilous time? Avoid difficult questions perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    We have many players that speak well. Let's see more talking on the pitch.

And where were the senior players? Why throw a rookie in front of the media at this perilous time? Avoid difficult questions perhaps?
    Or perhaps freshen things up a bit

Maybe senior players have fallen short in their communications, on pitch, on X and in club pressers.

SM's interview very different to those in Luke's time
    Can't remember Luke being put on the spot regarding ability level of the defenders even though they were making the same mistakes as they are now
    I thought he was pretty frank about what we need - which mirrors what most fans are saying
    Hopefully we will have some of the guys we've been missing recently back tomorrow

I've seen this match referred to as "which puppy is sickest in the litter", us and Swindon are 2 of the 3 big clubs in this league so it's sad that we're both stuck in the bottom half.

Quote Originally Posted by Could'vebeenacontender View Post
    SM's interview very different to those in Luke's time
    Can't remember Luke being put on the spot regarding ability level of the defenders even though they were making the same mistakes as they are now.
    In his last couple of interviews LW did mention quite specifically individual mistakes and how he couldn't stop them happening because of players concentration levels. I fully understand the concentration thing, the players he refers to are L2 (and probably more comfortable at NL), very aware of results hinging on their performance and desperate to not make an error. Bit of a vicious circle for some of them, try like hell, panic, brain fart, mistake. None of them are bad people and are giving all they can but they just aren't up to it I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    In his last couple of interviews LW did mention quite specifically individual mistakes and how he couldn't stop them happening because of players concentration levels. I fully understand the concentration thing, the players he refers to are L2 (and probably more comfortable at NL), very aware of results hinging on their performance and desperate to not make an error. Bit of a vicious circle for some of them, try like hell, panic, brain fart, mistake. None of them are bad people and are giving all they can but they just aren't up to it I'm afraid.
    Excellent post
    The fact that we see defenders regularly fall over when when they have the ball and give it away to opponents point to lack of confidence and panic under pressure
    Calmness in possession is one of the skills that professional footballers can't do without