+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our team compared to 2010

Our team compared to 2010

How many of our current team gets into that one.Not sure any do.Is Jodi Jones better than Ben Davies ,i dont think so.Macca better than Luke Rogers ,umm not sure about that either .If you agree with me that the 2010 was far superior then it shows how far we have to go.

We certainly had a far superior manager.
    Better goal keepers , better defenders and Hughsey and Rogers up front.
    The gates that season were far inferior to those this season , which is why it was so ***** to maintain forward momentum.
    Jodi Jones would certainly have made the team and Macc would have been a very good substitute.

?? * important *

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    How many of our current team gets into that one.Not sure any do.Is Jodi Jones better than Ben Davies ,i dont think so.Macca better than Luke Rogers ,umm not sure about that either .If you agree with me that the 2010 was far superior then it shows how far we have to go.
    We were more like Wrexham then. Lots of technically average players who did the simple things right and were organised.

We also had the arguably one of the best goalkeepers and best strikers to have played in League Two.

Jones would get in ahead of Ritchie/Westcarr and Langstaff would get in ahead of Rodgers.

Palmer could replace one of Ravenhill and Bishop.

As was proven in both that season and this - having a manager getting the best out of your players is almost as key as the personnel themselves.

Of course Matty Palmer would have got into the team.
    Embarrassing that I didn't think about him , he's been badly missed for a long time but I should have remembered him.

The 2009/10 holds the all time record for least conceded, 0.67 per game. 31 goals conceded which is lower than in the numerous seasons we had to play less than 46 games (as few as 22 fixtures in the very early days of the FL).

At this same stage of the season, game 39, we'd just kept a 6th consecutive league clean sheet, the 10th clean sheet in 11 league games.

Can’t see the point of comparing the 2 teams as our budget (though not real) was head and shoulders above every team and now we believe it to be around 10th to 12th.

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    Are you for real? Davies was better for set pieces but no way was he better than Jodi Jones, you've been on the good stuff. Langstaff is also far better than Luke Rogers, I'd even go as far to say he's better than Hughes when on form.

Players who'd get in that side

Jones, better than Davies
    Palmer, better than Ravenhill
    Nemane, better than Westcarr
    Langstaff, better than Rogers

And if I want to be really controversial
    Langstaff, better than Hughes
    Scott, better than Rogers

Curiously the three defenders with the most appearances that 2009/10 season (all 32 apps or more) were Thompson, Edwards and Hunt, who were all at the club before Russell King took control.

Well if you think that Macca was better than Hughesy then you must be on the magic mushrooms.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast