+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Rams v Seasiders

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    It also means optimistic in difficult circumstances and seeing as I used it in connection with Derby's performance n the league this season I tend to think its appropriate - but all of you it seems failed to understand that - I'm am surprised that rA didn't catch on, but then obviously I overestimated his understanding of language, I had no such expectations for the rest of you with some notable exceptions.
    Oh I ‘caught on’, Swale. It’s also associated with complacency, being oblivious and naivety…not to mention ‘cheerful’ which isn’t the first adjective that springs to mind when one thinks of you. Not how your posts come across anyway.

Nevertheless yesterday was a big step in the right direction and the pressure is hugely relieved for the Portsmouth game. Be just like us to win that one and then lose to Carlisle…tDw!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Oh I ‘caught on’, Swale. It’s also associated with complacency, being oblivious and naivety…not to mention ‘cheerful’ which isn’t the first adjective that springs to mind when one thinks of you. Not how your posts come across anyway.

Nevertheless yesterday was a big step in the right direction and the pressure is hugely relieved for the Portsmouth game. Be just like us to win that one and then lose to Carlisle…tDw!
    Indeed but in respect of Derby's chances of promotion I've been sanguine in the definition of optimistic and cheerful, part of the "catching on" which if you did and of course I wouldn't disbelieve what you claim, then you'd have been able to interpret what I meant!

Indeed but in respect of Derby's chances of promotion I've been sanguine in the definition of optimistic and cheerful, part of the "catching on" which if you did and of course I wouldn't disbelieve what you claim, then you'd have been able to interpret what I meant!
    There seems to be a slight danger of making it all about you here, Swale, but I’ll concede that you were more optimistic than me six months or so ago, indeed I already have done.
    Beyond that…rude, angry, arrogant and sanctimonious may be the adjectives that most might use to best describe you.
    Doesn’t mean you’re always wrong…you speak a lot of sense imo…but they’re not characteristics associated with being either ‘cheerful’ or ‘sanguine’ are they?
    Still…maybe you’ve simply been ‘joshing’ and are just misunderstood.

There seems to be a slight danger of making it all about you here, Swale, but I’ll concede that you were more optimistic than me six months or so ago, indeed I already have done.
    Beyond that…rude, angry, arrogant and sanctimonious may be the adjectives that most might use to best describe you.
    Doesn’t mean you’re always wrong…you speak a lot of sense imo…but they’re not characteristics associated with being either ‘cheerful’ or ‘sanguine’ are they?
    Still…maybe you’ve simply been ‘joshing’ and are just misunderstood.
    Ah well when ones on an internet forum largely populated by fools and people who talk *******s its hard to have a serious conversation!

I'd describe you as wishy washy, depressive, fence sitting, unenlightened, unrealistic and away with the fairies!!

Ah well when ones on an internet forum largely populated by fools and people who talk *******s its hard to have a serious conversation!

I'd describe you as wishy washy, depressive, fence sitting, unenlightened, unrealistic and away with the fairies!!
    Lol…Happy Easter to you too. There you go though, rude, agitated (if not angry), arrogant and sanctimonious all in one go.

My original choice of adjectives was chosen to disprove your own self image of being cheerfully optimistic and sanguine.
    If your response is how you see me that’s up to you, I couldn’t care less, but I’ll leave it to others to decide which of us has been the most accurate…hopefully privately as a thread about our relative failings would be interminably boring.

Lol…Happy Easter to you too. There you go though, rude, agitated (if not angry), arrogant and sanctimonious all in one go.

My original choice of adjectives was chosen to disprove your own self image of being cheerfully optimistic and sanguine.
    If your response is how you see me that’s up to you, I couldn’t care less, but I’ll leave it to others to decide which of us has been the most accurate…hopefully privately as a thread about our relative failings would be interminably boring.
    Wishy Wahy? So you are Aladdin's brother? "A bit dim and very lazy but often gives as good as he gets..." says Mr Ggogle. Get thee back to the laundrette

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Wishy Wahy? So you are Aladdin's brother? "A bit dim and very lazy but often gives as good as he gets..." says Mr Ggogle. Get thee back to the laundrette
    ‘Wishy Wahy’ and ‘Mr Ggogle’? Good job you stopped short of Widow T****ey.

Yes, it was, but you'd already described Swale....

I love this forum, it makes me feel young again.
    I log on and there I am 'back in the school playground again'! Sorry sir, it wasn't me it was him!
    Come on you shower🚿, next lesson 'spelling'😎

a thread about our relative failings would be interminably boring.
    It is.

You need to shape up though rA, Swale is pissing people off on two threads concurrently

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)