+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: LR's pre match interview

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miller View Post
    Warned turned out to be a great manager. My one grumble with the Good Hooman - for which I'll never forgive any of them - was that he did not have an adult chat with Stewart in the way that Klopp did at Liverpool.
    In that instance we could have worked quietly behind the scenes to get a proper replacement, rather than being left in the s**t in the middle of the season.
    The way Stewart had backed him from fitness coach and kept faith through three relegation, I would have thought the tip off chat would have been a Good Hooman thing to do.
    I don’t think TS is the type of person that would have taken such a conversation very well, but we will never know

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miller View Post
    Warned turned out to be a great manager. My one grumble with the Good Hooman - for which I'll never forgive any of them - was that he did not have an adult chat with Stewart in the way that Klopp did at Liverpool.
    In that instance we could have worked quietly behind the scenes to get a proper replacement, rather than being left in the s**t in the middle of the season.
    The way Stewart had backed him from fitness coach and kept faith through three relegation, I would have thought the tip off chat would have been a Good Hooman thing to do.
    How could he have done what Klopp has done? The two situations aren’t comparable.

Anything is possible in the Millersmad universe.

I

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yep, he left us in the shyte and we haven’t yet recovered from it
    How long do you think it should take a competent chairman to replace employees who you didn't rate anyway?
    You really seem incapable of understanding where the real problem lies.

Funny isn't it that we always refer to Warney and never go further back.

I can't believe what short memories people have of Steve Evans, another manager we never should have hired, he crushed the external view of the club. Leave he where he likes to be, around the range rovers in Surrey.

Also I can't believe Warney left solely because the offering of Derby was just better.

I mean of course its better. He's regularly in front of 30,000 fans and make no mistake he WILL keep Derby in the Championship because they have the infrastructure and funds to back him with better players.

I was mortified when he left because it relayed to me the pinnacle of what RUFC will ever be.

Soon as we start a season good in the Championship the manager and better players will just leave.

It's become a stark matter of fact that we will only ever be a decent L1 club.

Don't spout that new owners blah blah will change anything because we've shown already the town won't back the club.

We had the chance and we blew it.

I knew from the off MT was not the man. 6 months prior I met him at a youth club end of season awards and he practically **** himself on stage. The guy should have stayed in Exeter end of. A Gas fan tells me he's not got much time left at Rovers either.

I detest the man for his pig ignorance that everything Warney built had to be ripped up and so damn quickly. It wouldn't surprise me if his name being said in the corridors prompted fines. I think he actually hated the name Paul Warne.

The appointment of LR just shows the joke of a club we've become on the outside. The football World are laughing at us.

What's even more impressive is that it seems failures are rewarded with seats upstairs. Scott being made DoF just states how male pale stale and utterly clueless this board of directors is.

As others have said RUFCs problems stem from the boardroom and things have to change there if change is to happen lower down

Quote Originally Posted by MAMiller View Post
    Funny isn't it that we always refer to Warney and never go further back.

I can't believe what short memories people have of Steve Evans, another manager we never should have hired, he crushed the external view of the club. Leave he where he likes to be, around the range rovers in Surrey.

Also I can't believe Warney left solely because the offering of Derby was just better.

I mean of course its better. He's regularly in front of 30,000 fans and make no mistake he WILL keep Derby in the Championship because they have the infrastructure and funds to back him with better players.

I was mortified when he left because it relayed to me the pinnacle of what RUFC will ever be.

Soon as we start a season good in the Championship the manager and better players will just leave.

It's become a stark matter of fact that we will only ever be a decent L1 club.

Don't spout that new owners blah blah will change anything because we've shown already the town won't back the club.

We had the chance and we blew it.

I knew from the off MT was not the man. 6 months prior I met him at a youth club end of season awards and he practically **** himself on stage. The guy should have stayed in Exeter end of. A Gas fan tells me he's not got much time left at Rovers either.

I detest the man for his pig ignorance that everything Warney built had to be ripped up and so damn quickly. It wouldn't surprise me if his name being said in the corridors prompted fines. I think he actually hated the name Paul Warne.

The appointment of LR just shows the joke of a club we've become on the outside. The football World are laughing at us.

What's even more impressive is that it seems failures are rewarded with seats upstairs. Scott being made DoF just states how male pale stale and utterly clueless this board of directors is.

As others have said RUFCs problems stem from the boardroom and things have to change there if change is to happen lower down

I agree, it does go further back

Stewart should have kept his hands in his pockets and never had anything to do with the train wreck of a club he took over

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I agree, it does go further back

Stewart should have kept his hands in his pockets and never had anything to do with the train wreck of a club he took over
    You’d have had one less thing to pretend to whinge about if he hadn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by MAMiller View Post

Great post MaMiller. I really enjoyed the time in which PW was our manager; even the relegation seasons were full of effort and commitment. As much as I understood his reasons for leaving, I was dejected and worried for the future of the club because you rarely get an individual who is so suited and bonded to a role. Your quote above is the essence of what went so catastrophically wrong with the club. The disgraceful treatment of Richard Wood was just the start of the unpicking of the fabric which is essential for the survival of a club of our stature.

However, time marches on and next season will be a real tester. The primary task is to undo the criminal damage that Taylor inflicted on our club. Whether this will be LR's responsibility or someone else's, I don't envy the task and I am resigned to the fact that a Warney bounce-back is extremely unlikely!

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Could the problem be it's more difficult now to get the calibre of players in such as Vaulks Barlaser Crooks Chieo than it was a few years ago or the agents have pushed the wages up so we are out the running for that quality of player?
    gru, why does your English fluctuate so much in your posts? I think you've forgot who you are posting this one

Players in today’s squad (not counting Hatton)who bought them in and how many….

Warne 9
    Taylor 6
    Richardson 3 (all loans)

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast