+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: LR's pre match interview

Quote Originally Posted by NYSRich View Post
    Or you could look at it another way - if he is a ‘good’ manager, why has no club in the 92 hired him since Wigan? Why was he 5th choice for us?
    We were fishing in an extremely depleted pool. Our first 4 choices are doing just as badly in their respective/chosen roles from what I can see. Maybe one of them would have done better with the sh!t show LR was presented, maybe not.

Having said that I'm not convinced he's the man for us and wish TS would cut him loose and start planning for next season. However, on the flip side of that, what's to suggest we would do any better next time around, especially if we were in the mix with ~20 other clubs chasing a new manager for 2024-25.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    We were fishing in an extremely depleted pool. Our first 4 choices are doing just as badly in their respective/chosen roles from what I can see. Maybe one of them would have done better with the sh!t show LR was presented, maybe not.

Having said that I'm not convinced he's the man for us and wish TS would cut him loose and start planning for next season. However, on the flip side of that, what's to suggest we would do any better next time around, especially if we were in the mix with ~20 other clubs chasing a new manager for 2024-25.
    Correct

Easy enough sacking a manager but when it comes to a replacement then who would want to hitch their wagon to the RUFC wagon train?

As with players, very few, if any

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    By anyone I’m guessing you mean people like me mellow. The ones who put there hard earned money into supporting the club home and away and don’t threaten to not go next season because results are ****.
    People like me who expect the manager to take some level of accountability for how he’s performing and stop talking the same bollax week in week out.
    People like me who want him to stop talking in riddles and like hes stood on the outside looking in.
    Anyone like me as you put it are not idiots we know when someone is taking accountability like Warne did when he took over LR constantly tells us he’s got a good track record well good for him for us he’s dog ****.
    The results are not acceptable the performances even worse.
    Anyone like me who expects honesty and a sense of hope will keep saying so pal.
    Are you feeling a bit liverish Pocket? What happened to the happy clapper?
    I haven't said that I think LR is the answer but I don't understand how anyone can condemn him based on the sh!t show he inherited from the previous fraud of a manager. It must be like juggling soot at times but I agree his comments are repetitive and tedious at times.
    I don't think TS will sack him at the end of this season and I don't think he will give him 3 transfer windows either unless he gets off to a flying start next season.
    The fundamental problem for me isn't the manager, it's TS. People are quick to point out that Richardson was 5th choice........but no-one seems to ask why.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I haven't said that I think LR is the answer but I don't understand how anyone can condemn him based on the sh!t show he inherited from the previous fraud of a manager. It must be like juggling soot at times but I agree his comments are repetitive and tedious at times.
    I don't think TS will sack him at the end of this season and I don't think he will give him 3 transfer windows either unless he gets off to a flying start next season.
    The fundamental problem for me isn't the manager, it's TS. People are quick to point out that Richardson was 5th choice........but no-one seems to ask why.

We assume that Nathan Jones and others applied and their agents and themselves did due diligence. We are lead to believe that some were interviewed. So from what we can understand is that they all turned the gig down for reasons we are not party to. So, did Richardson apply or was he asked. Just to add I feel he is not the fit for RUFC.

I’m feeling something mate not sure what 😎
    Still a happy clapper I guess I just don't get how people weren’t happy to give the last manager any slack but this one who has the same players at his disposal gets loads.
    Like I said he talks like he’s not the manager just someone who is helping out. He’s happy to point the blame at anyone or anything but let’s be right his record is nothing short of disgusting.
    As pointed out he’s clearly not getting as much out of these players as the last manager who needed to go apparently but this one needs time.
    The **** show he’s inherited not my words then he should at least maintain our results performances well unless I’m missing something it’s hot far worse.
    Happy to accept MT needed to go but on that basis he’s a failure and should be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by kentmillerman View Post
    We assume that Nathan Jones and others applied and their agents and themselves did due diligence. We are lead to believe that some were interviewed. So from what we can understand is that they all turned the gig down for reasons we are not party to. So, did Richardson apply or was he asked. Just to add I feel he is not the fit for RUFC.
    If you think about it, there is something of a pattern here.
    When Paul Warne left TS told us the standard of applicants to replace him was impressive. He offered it to Mark Bonner from Cambridge who accepted but then had a change of heart on his way home.
    Next choice was Matt Taylor who said he wanted 24 hours to think about it but eventually accepted and then set about dismantling what had previously been built.
    When Taylor was sacked TS again waxed lyrical about the standard of candidates but apparently the first, second, third and fourth choices all said "thanks but no thanks."
    So we now have the fifth choice "in the building" and he's perhaps performing pretty much as you'd expect an also-ran to do.
    As I've said before, the manager isn't the main problem, you need to look higher.

If you think about it, there is something of a pattern here.
    When Paul Warne left TS told us the standard of applicants to replace him was impressive. He offered it to Mark Bonner from Cambridge who accepted but then had a change of heart on his way home.
    Next choice was Matt Taylor who said he wanted 24 hours to think about it but eventually accepted and then set about dismantling what had previously been built.
    When Taylor was sacked TS again waxed lyrical about the standard of candidates but apparently the first, second, third and fourth choices all said "thanks but no thanks."
    So we now have the fifth choice "in the building" and he's perhaps performing pretty much as you'd expect an also-ran to do.
    As I've said before, the manager isn't the main problem, you need to look higher.
    Come on give us a clue mellow? I never could get Loyd Grossman's hints on Through The Keyhole

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Come on give us a clue mellow? I never could get Loyd Grossman's hints on Through The Keyhole
    🤔🙂

It makes me wonder if LR has given them a round of ****s and a few of them have got the arse on with him

Quote Originally Posted by redhouse View Post
    It makes me wonder if LR has given them a round of ****s and a few of them have got the arse on with him
    Maybe, but I reckon some of them are lazy *******s by nature

More posing than application

Big clear out needed

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast