+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yorkshire FC

Yorkshire FC

With FFP, points deductions, rumours of a Euro Super League and clubs going bust, it is clear that football as it is is not sustainable. It seems inevitable that the structure of football as we know it will have to change in the future.

One idea might be to have regional teams for example, with clubs drawing support from a bigger area. My first reaction to this was I wouldn't support it if this unlikely option was pursued. But the more I think about it, the more I like it.

Imagine:

Yorkshire FC v Lancashire FC
    Yorkshire FC v South London FC

I think if this ever did happen I would support it? I mean why not?

Pass that big reefer along pal.....you make me smile pal with some of your posts

Well the answer IBS is in an earlier thread started by you

Do you feel connected to RUFC today?

If fans are struggling to connect to the club now then they certainly won’t bond with a set of overpaid mercenaries called Yorkshire FC

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

If fans are struggling to connect to the club now then they certainly won’t bond with a set of overpaid mercenaries called Yorkshire FC
    ibs is just contributing to what is a very slow board of late. No fault with that, it raises debate, even though he wanted me out

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ibs is just contributing to what is a very slow board of late. No fault with that, it raises debate, even though he wanted me out
    What we need is to organise a fans event in Mexborough

“ An audience with Gru” followed by ELK buying the beer in Wetherspoons and a lamb buffet by Crash

What we need is to organise a fans event in Mexborough

“ An audience with Gru” followed by ELK buying the beer in Wetherspoons and a lamb buffet by Crash
    Now that I would attend and as a man who bears no malice, I would openly buy Howdy and ibs a drink of their choice.

NB. Crafty ELK will probably use Gud's free beer tickets to pay his bill.

I disagree about connection.

I would love to stand shoulder to shoulder with Blades, Tykes, Owls and Leodensians roaring the White Rose lads on. I don't think I am alone either.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I disagree about connection.

I would love to stand shoulder to shoulder with Blades, Tykes, Owls and Leodensians roaring the White Rose lads on. I don't think I am alone either.
    Not so sure, it smacks of that clown cricket league type of set up

A set of mercenaries with a joke name, the Yorkshire Puddings or the South Yorkshire Saracens, something like that

Not so sure, it smacks of that clown cricket league type of set up

A set of mercenaries with a joke name, the Yorkshire Puddings or the South Yorkshire Saracens, something like that
    'Flat cap whipper snappers' .....all donations to locally retired greyhounds as whippet racing is no more. I'm starting a new thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    'Flat cap whipper snappers' .....all donations to locally retired greyhounds as whippet racing is no more. I'm starting a new thread....
    There’s some locally retired donkeys I know of that might benefit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast