+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: O/T Mega Poptastic Pop Quiz (54)

37. Pass the Dutchie. Musical Youth

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    12 I’ll find my way home - Jon and Vangelis. I got this among my five an hour after this thread started but my login wasn’t working. Oh hum.

35 Go Wild in the Country - Bow Wow Wow
    Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Not so much of a fan of number 39 but these songs were my mid flow in the eighties so very recognisable.

39 Boys Town gang - Can't take my eyes off you.
    12. Jon and Vangelis - I'll find my way home
    37. Musical youth - Pass the dutchie
    Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    3 is Diana Ross work out or work your body out
    24 fek me. I've Been singing it all night.
    Grandmaster funk? It's like a jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by Edinburghmiller View Post
    37. Pass the Dutchie. Musical Youth
    All correct(ish)

All solved apart from 46 where you were stumped by a song about Marion Morrison's inside leg. The songs were all hits in 1982. Per CT's comment, House of the Rising Sun was re-released in 1982 and actually did better (11) than it's original release 10 years earlier (25). As for the lyric, various suggestions out there from Stone Cold Drunk, On a Drug, On a Drunk (doesn't really make sense) and I've come to the conclusion that Eric Burdon actually says "All Drunk".

1. Precious kisses, words that burn me Lovers never ask you why Do You Really Want To Hurt Me Culture Club
    2. In your white lace and your wedding bells The Bitterest Pill The Jam
    3. Reach 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Strech 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Work That Body Diana Ross
    4. N-n-n-n-n-n-no, no, Miss, you misunderstood 16, big boy, full pint in my manhood House of Fun Madness
    5. No rhythm in cymbals, no tempo in drums Love on arrival, she comes when she comes Poison Arrow ABC
    6. We are far too young and clever (Remember) Come On Eileen Dexy's Midnight Runners
    7. So put another dime in the jukebox, baby I Love Rock and Roll Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
    8. I could feel at the time There was no way of knowing More Than This Roxy Music
    9. "If you wanna squeal", said the F.B.I. "We can make a deal, make it worth your while" Stool Pigeon Kid Creole and the Coconuts
    10. Don't drink, don't smoke, what do you do? Goody Two Shoes Adam Ant
    11. Hear the roar Of the red, white and blue This Time We'll Get It Right England World Cup Squad
    12. And if you're asking me when I'll say it starts at the end I'll Find My Way Home John & Vangelis
    13. There's power in his voice and it makes her feel so sure So live and let live in love Lifeline Spandau Ballet
    14. 'Cause time is short and life is cruel but it's up to us to change A Town Called Malice The Jam
    15. And the only time he's satisfied Is when he's on a drug The House of the Rising Sun The Animals
    16. Though it meant a lot to you and me On a worldwide scale Winter's Tale David Es***
    17. Get your back up off the wall Dance, come on, get your back up off the wall Get Down On It Kool and the Gang
    18. 'Round and 'round and 'round it goes Where it stops nobody knows Abracadabra Steve Miller Band
    19. Your every wish Your every dream, hope, desire The Mirror Man The Human League
    20. I was walking down the street (doo waddy wah) He Was Really Saying Something Bananarama
    21. Maybe I'm wrong Won't you tell me if I'm coming on too strong? Waiting For A Girl Like You Foreigner
    22. Don't you worry There's no hurry It's a lovely day Could all be going your way Cardiac Arrest Madness
    23. Texture like sun Lays me down, with my mind she runs Golden Brown The Stranglers
    24. It's like a jungle sometimes It makes me wonder how I keep from goin' under The Message Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five
    25. And they all went to Heaven in a little rowboat The Clapping Song The Belle Stars
    26. And that's what gets results It Ain't What You Do... Fun Boy Three & Bananarama
    27. Side by side on my piano keyboard, oh Lord, why don't we? Ebony and Ivory Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder
    28. Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet Eye Of The Tiger Survivor
    29. It's not the way you have your hair It's not that certain style Wishing (If I Had a Photgraph of You) A Flock Of Seagulls
    30. Up and down, I'm up the wall, I'm up the bloody tree. Living On The Ceiling Blancmange
    31. And when I get that feeling ***ual Healing Marvin Gaye
    32. I don't know anything about you baby, but you're everything I'm dreaming of Dead Ringer For Love Meat Loaf
    33. 'Cause I find it hard to take When people run in circles It's a very, very Mad World Tears For Fears
    34. Hot pot cook it up I'm never gonna stop Fancy a bite My appetite I Eat Cannibals Toto Coelo
    35. No bacon steak, no strawberry milkshake, I wanna keep it Go Wild In The Country Bow Wow Wow
    36. Where does it go from here? Is it down to the lake I fear? Ay ay ay ay ay ay Love Plus One Haircut 100
    37. Music happens to be the food of love Sounds to really make you rub and scrub Pass The Dutchie Musical Youth
    38. When your world is full of strange arrangements And gravity won't pull you through The Look Of Love ABC
    39. Oh, pretty baby, don't bring me down, I pray Can't Take My Eyes Off You Boys Town Gang
    40. If you don't have a dream How you gonna have a dream come true Happy Talk Captain Sensible
    41. (No) No can do I Can't Go For That Hall & Oates
    42. My grandma told your grandma I'm gon-na set your flag on fire Iko Iko Natasha England
    43. Hush, my darling, don't fear, my darling The Lion Sleeps Tonight Tight Fit
    44. It's a mystery to me The game commences For the usual fee Plus expenses Private Investications Dire Straits
    45. I'm gonna live forever I'm gonna learn how to fly Fame Irene Cara
    46. He stands so high It's enough to make any red skin cry John Wayne Is Big Leggy Haysi Fantayzee (The Duke showing off his pins)
    47. A little loving, a little giving To build a dream for the world we live in A Little Peace Nicole
    48. Hey, sucker! (What the hell's got into you?) Young Guns Wham
    49. I've got a mink from Paris, a ring from Rome A whole new wardrobe in my home Just What I've Always Wanted Mari Wilson
    50. I need love, love to ease my mind You Can't Hurry Love Phil Collins
    51. I never thought it would come to this It Started With A Kiss Hot Chocolate
    52. To such as me Who longs to see How an angel ought to be Maid of Orleans OMD
    53. Sometimes when I think of her name When it's only a game Only You Yazoo
    54. Pain and pleasure and the church bells softly chime Senses Working Overtime XTC
    55. Once in your life you find her Someone that turns your heart around Arthur's Theme Christopher Cross
    56. Putting me back in all this confusion? Could it be that Just An Illusion Imagination
    57. For summer nights with moon and stars above Save Your Love Renee & Renato
    58. Remembering surrendering Remembering that part All Of My Heart ABC
    59. It was made in fifty-nine In a factory by the Tyne Driving In My Car Madness
    60. I know a guy who's tough but sweet He's so fine, he can't be beat I Want Candy Bow Wow Wow

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    All solved apart from 46 where you were stumped by a song about Marion Morrison's inside leg. The songs were all hits in 1982. Per CT's comment, House of the Rising Sun was re-released in 1982 and actually did better (11) than it's original release 10 years earlier (25). As for the lyric, various suggestions out there from Stone Cold Drunk, On a Drug, On a Drunk (doesn't really make sense) and I've come to the conclusion that Eric Burdon actually says "All Drunk".

1. Precious kisses, words that burn me Lovers never ask you why Do You Really Want To Hurt Me Culture Club
    2. In your white lace and your wedding bells The Bitterest Pill The Jam
    3. Reach 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Strech 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Work That Body Diana Ross
    4. N-n-n-n-n-n-no, no, Miss, you misunderstood 16, big boy, full pint in my manhood House of Fun Madness
    5. No rhythm in cymbals, no tempo in drums Love on arrival, she comes when she comes Poison Arrow ABC
    6. We are far too young and clever (Remember) Come On Eileen Dexy's Midnight Runners
    7. So put another dime in the jukebox, baby I Love Rock and Roll Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
    8. I could feel at the time There was no way of knowing More Than This Roxy Music
    9. "If you wanna squeal", said the F.B.I. "We can make a deal, make it worth your while" Stool Pigeon Kid Creole and the Coconuts
    10. Don't drink, don't smoke, what do you do? Goody Two Shoes Adam Ant
    11. Hear the roar Of the red, white and blue This Time We'll Get It Right England World Cup Squad
    12. And if you're asking me when I'll say it starts at the end I'll Find My Way Home John & Vangelis
    13. There's power in his voice and it makes her feel so sure So live and let live in love Lifeline Spandau Ballet
    14. 'Cause time is short and life is cruel but it's up to us to change A Town Called Malice The Jam
    15. And the only time he's satisfied Is when he's on a drug The House of the Rising Sun The Animals
    16. Though it meant a lot to you and me On a worldwide scale Winter's Tale David Es***
    17. Get your back up off the wall Dance, come on, get your back up off the wall Get Down On It Kool and the Gang
    18. 'Round and 'round and 'round it goes Where it stops nobody knows Abracadabra Steve Miller Band
    19. Your every wish Your every dream, hope, desire The Mirror Man The Human League
    20. I was walking down the street (doo waddy wah) He Was Really Saying Something Bananarama
    21. Maybe I'm wrong Won't you tell me if I'm coming on too strong? Waiting For A Girl Like You Foreigner
    22. Don't you worry There's no hurry It's a lovely day Could all be going your way Cardiac Arrest Madness
    23. Texture like sun Lays me down, with my mind she runs Golden Brown The Stranglers
    24. It's like a jungle sometimes It makes me wonder how I keep from goin' under The Message Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five
    25. And they all went to Heaven in a little rowboat The Clapping Song The Belle Stars
    26. And that's what gets results It Ain't What You Do... Fun Boy Three & Bananarama
    27. Side by side on my piano keyboard, oh Lord, why don't we? Ebony and Ivory Paul McCartney & Stevie Wonder
    28. Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet Eye Of The Tiger Survivor
    29. It's not the way you have your hair It's not that certain style Wishing (If I Had a Photgraph of You) A Flock Of Seagulls
    30. Up and down, I'm up the wall, I'm up the bloody tree. Living On The Ceiling Blancmange
    31. And when I get that feeling ***ual Healing Marvin Gaye
    32. I don't know anything about you baby, but you're everything I'm dreaming of Dead Ringer For Love Meat Loaf
    33. 'Cause I find it hard to take When people run in circles It's a very, very Mad World Tears For Fears
    34. Hot pot cook it up I'm never gonna stop Fancy a bite My appetite I Eat Cannibals Toto Coelo
    35. No bacon steak, no strawberry milkshake, I wanna keep it Go Wild In The Country Bow Wow Wow
    36. Where does it go from here? Is it down to the lake I fear? Ay ay ay ay ay ay Love Plus One Haircut 100
    37. Music happens to be the food of love Sounds to really make you rub and scrub Pass The Dutchie Musical Youth
    38. When your world is full of strange arrangements And gravity won't pull you through The Look Of Love ABC
    39. Oh, pretty baby, don't bring me down, I pray Can't Take My Eyes Off You Boys Town Gang
    40. If you don't have a dream How you gonna have a dream come true Happy Talk Captain Sensible
    41. (No) No can do I Can't Go For That Hall & Oates
    42. My grandma told your grandma I'm gon-na set your flag on fire Iko Iko Natasha England
    43. Hush, my darling, don't fear, my darling The Lion Sleeps Tonight Tight Fit
    44. It's a mystery to me The game commences For the usual fee Plus expenses Private Investications Dire Straits
    45. I'm gonna live forever I'm gonna learn how to fly Fame Irene Cara
    46. He stands so high It's enough to make any red skin cry John Wayne Is Big Leggy Haysi Fantayzee (The Duke showing off his pins)
    47. A little loving, a little giving To build a dream for the world we live in A Little Peace Nicole
    48. Hey, sucker! (What the hell's got into you?) Young Guns Wham
    49. I've got a mink from Paris, a ring from Rome A whole new wardrobe in my home Just What I've Always Wanted Mari Wilson
    50. I need love, love to ease my mind You Can't Hurry Love Phil Collins
    51. I never thought it would come to this It Started With A Kiss Hot Chocolate
    52. To such as me Who longs to see How an angel ought to be Maid of Orleans OMD
    53. Sometimes when I think of her name When it's only a game Only You Yazoo
    54. Pain and pleasure and the church bells softly chime Senses Working Overtime XTC
    55. Once in your life you find her Someone that turns your heart around Arthur's Theme Christopher Cross
    56. Putting me back in all this confusion? Could it be that Just An Illusion Imagination
    57. For summer nights with moon and stars above Save Your Love Renee & Renato
    58. Remembering surrendering Remembering that part All Of My Heart ABC
    59. It was made in fifty-nine In a factory by the Tyne Driving In My Car Madness
    60. I know a guy who's tough but sweet He's so fine, he can't be beat I Want Candy Bow Wow Wow
    CAM, thank you once again pal for another great testing quiz.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    CAM, thank you once again pal for another great testing quiz.
    I second that. Much appreciated.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567