+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT - the US White House race

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    So…according to your own figures…72% of US citizens DON’T think immigration is the most important issue.

Concerns about immigration are driven more by Republicans than Democrats…who’d have thought?

78% of ‘independents’ DON’T think immigration is the most important issue.

I rest my case. The U.S. is different from the UK, Tricky…in addition to matters such as the economy, cost of living and healthcare, issues such as gun crime/control and abortion feature in a way which doesn’t resonate over here and, given the behaviour of Trump, they are preoccupied with the future of their democracy, the unity of their country and their role on the world stage in a way that we struggle to comprehend.

P.S. I’m not a ‘Democrat lover’, just feel more comfortable with them than the Republicans and can’t understand why any ‘mainstream’ party would ever want to identify with someone as delusional, dangerous and discredited as Trump.
    what do you mean, rest your case? I just told you its in the top 3 in the USA as here.
    You don't want to believe that, but hey ho, facts obviously don't resonate in your head.
    Again, you focus on Trump. but not one word as to the walking dead that is Biden.
    Biden has been a disaster, except to the woke left, who love an innocent corpse. Perhaps ths guy could run https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbEK...l=JustSomeGold

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    what do you mean, rest your case? I just told you its in the top 3 in the USA as here.
    You don't want to believe that, but hey ho, facts obviously don't resonate in your head.
    Again, you focus on Trump. but not one word as to the walking dead that is Biden.
    Biden has been a disaster, except to the woke left, who love an innocent corpse. Perhaps ths guy could run https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbEK...l=JustSomeGold
    As regards Biden…read my opening post of the ‘Election Year or Fear’ thread.

As regards ‘resting my case’…we’ve had the UK immigration argument…as far as the U.S. is concerned immigration may be somewhere between 3rd and 6th - depending where one lives in such a huge country - but look at your own percentages.
    You want it to be crucial to the outcome of the two elections…the percentages say otherwise.

Isn't it ironic that the man who thinks it's OK to "grab them by the *****", pays off alleged rape victims, lies through his back teeth at every opportunity, mocks the afflicted etc etc etc ad infinitum is now trying to raise money through selling bibles and saying "we need more religion"... A book which damns just about everything Trump does or says.

To provide balance, Biden isn't the answer, either.

With regard to Kennedy (Dem) and Haley (Rep)... it's said that 70% of Americans don't want either of Trump/Biden in the White House. Might it be eminently sensible for these two to run separately or as a pair using a party(ies) they set up in order to appeal to that 70% and change US politics for good?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Isn't it ironic that the man who thinks it's OK to "grab them by the *****", pays off alleged rape victims, lies through his back teeth at every opportunity, mocks the afflicted etc etc etc ad infinitum is now trying to raise money through selling bibles and saying "we need more religion"... A book which damns just about everything Trump does or says.

To provide balance, Biden isn't the answer, either.

With regard to Kennedy (Dem) and Haley (Rep)... it's said that 70% of Americans don't want either of Trump/Biden in the White House. Might it be eminently sensible for these two to run separately or as a pair using a party(ies) they set up in order to appeal to that 70% and change US politics for good?
    Hugely ironic, MA…but then I see that he has started likening and comparing himself to Jesus of late. Certainly not my idea of the ‘second coming’…and I very much doubt he can remember the last time he enjoyed that particular experience.

Personally I remain astonished that these two are the best the U.S. can come up with…but then, from what little I know, this latest Kennedy also seems disappointingly flawed and I doubt he’d have warranted a second glance without the family connection.

If Trump is the second coming, then presumably Bill Clinton was the first, the evidence being on young Monica's blue dress.

As for the latest Kennedy, I think you're right. If his name was Jones he'd be nowhere. I mean anyone who can seriously be proposing Aaron Rodgers as running mate..... For those less US sports minded, this is the current New York Jets quarterback who has zero political credibility but has a superbowl ring (needless to say NOT with the Jets)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)