+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I make no apology for posting this............................

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    Refs have become celebrities in their own right now. Years ago I didn’t know the names of any referees. They turned up, did their job, got abuse from the fans and disappeared. That is how it should be.
    Sorry Swiss, however, I disagree with that sentiment. I have always known referees' names and in many cases to which County FA they belonged. Officials are a very initegral part of any game and shoulf be working as a team to be part of the enjoyment of any game.
    They do not look for celebrity, they look to do a good job, one which has been made increasingly difficult at the top level because of the directives they receive from those running the show -------the PL in particular.
    Lastly, they should not receive abuse from anybody for trying to do their job. PLayers make mistakes, managers and coaches make mistakes and officials make mistakes, 'twas ever the case and only the use of VAR has resulted in major changes and silly discussions.
    All very sad and not for the good of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Sorry Swiss, however, I disagree with that sentiment. I have always known referees' names and in many cases to which County FA they belonged. Officials are a very initegral part of any game and shoulf be working as a team to be part of the enjoyment of any game.
    They do not look for celebrity, they look to do a good job, one which has been made increasingly difficult at the top level because of the directives they receive from those running the show -------the PL in particular.
    Lastly, they should not receive abuse from anybody for trying to do their job. PLayers make mistakes, managers and coaches make mistakes and officials make mistakes, 'twas ever the case and only the use of VAR has resulted in major changes and silly discussions.
    All very sad and not for the good of the game.
    I take your point, super.

My point, not well expressed, is that there seems to be more debate about the referees, their decisions and post match analysis of them. Not helped by VAR. Why have Mike Dean on Sky?

You must be one of the few match goers who has never joined in a chorus of “you are not fit to referee” or “ the referee’s a b*stard”. All good abuse from the supporters.

Hes a ----- man Hes a barstwerd hes a barstwerd referee 😳. The good old days

Today's "performance" from the "referee" spoilt a good game of football.

I'm sure that is not their job.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Today's "performance" from the "referee" spoilt a good game of football.

I'm sure that is not their job.
    DIdn't see today BT, I was at Ashington watching a good match with three superb officials. however. i have heard some poor reports about the ref today and totally agree with your sentiment. I heard that the penalty and second yellow card were beyond a joke!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)