+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gillingham

Gillingham

Are we expecting our usual result today down at Gillingham or are we going to rise to the occasion? Is Billo coming back into the team or is Lee Bell responding to all the murmurings going on with his situation with a positive spin just to pacify us supporters? Managing young players I fully understand, but to have him on the bench for 4 or 5 games and to not use him last weekend when Williams was injured, I'm not buying it.
    Anyway I'm going for a tame 0-2 loss.

1-2 for me. I think this game will begin to focus our minds on the play-offs rather than automatics.
    Hopefully the Alex can confound this prediction by getting through the first 20 minutes without conceding. In the interview LB said Holicek may be available. After gushing about Leigh all week, what's the midfield going to be like? I would also prefer two strikers but he's already suggested that Long won't get a full game. I'd also stick with 3 at the back plus Billington and Rio. So I'd be leaving out one regular and another notable name. However I suspect he'll go for 4-3-2-1 and change it later to accommodate the returnees.

Oh and good luck to all those making the long journey down!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    1-2 for me. I think this game will begin to focus our minds on the play-offs rather than automatics.
    Hopefully the Alex can confound this prediction by getting through the first 20 minutes without conceding. In the interview LB said Holicek may be available. After gushing about Leigh all week, what's the midfield going to be like? I would also prefer two strikers but he's already suggested that Long won't get a full game. I'd also stick with 3 at the back plus Billington and Rio. So I'd be leaving out one regular and another notable name. However I suspect he'll go for 4-3-2-1 and change it later to accommodate the returnees.
    I you assuming that Williams is fit if we are to go with 3 centre half's?

Looks like 4-2-3-1 to me ....

Really strong bench today

Harvey
    Kirky
    Finney Jnr
    Billo
    Matus
    Zac
    Longy

Hopefully the Alex will be eggcellent today, and we can scramble their brains with our tactics and wizzy shell-suits

C'mon the Alex 3-2 win today
    Leigh to score first goal

Hopefully the yolk isn't on the Alex.

Also hoping for some poaching from those upfront!

What an awful game! That famous passing ability seems to have deserted them again! The middle have started getting hold of the ball but seem unable to pass it. The wind will be against the Alex 2nd half so they need to maintain the high line.

That was the most 0-0 0-0 you're ever likely to see. What an abysmal game. Is this same team we were watching Aug to Nov and then Jan and Feb? Well 7 points behind the automatics and 7 above 8th so the season is going to extend into May. If it does, unless something magical happens soon, I can't see us getting beyond the first round.
    Nevitt is hardly seeing the ball at the moment. Why were we ballooning the ball when the wind was behind?
    We've still got 3 of the bottom 4 to play but recent performances don't bode well for those games.

One final point- how did Lapslie not get a yellow card for persistant foul play. Even the Gills commentators were bemused by that fact.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast