+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Swindon Town [EFL L2] 29.03.24

Quote Originally Posted by HeroPie1862 View Post
    I've only missed 1-2 games at home, honestly going forward we are fantastic and defensively (even with the losses) we're somewhat better.
    That couldn't be further from the truth. Under Maynard we are slow and ponderous going forward, and still just as bad defensively.

And I've seen every home game apart from the Pisspot Trophy.

Dont forget this is a poor swindon side in 20th place who lost the last 3

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    What about next season ??
    Some other club will go bust, and another deducted 30 points, we'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... simple cross played in ... guess what...goal! Most playing 3,4,5 touch - amateurs! That's not SM's fault. Some of you really are blind ...
    Certainly LOOKs like Maynard is blind, hopefully not deaf too and heard the boos.

A lot of the goals we've let in have been player mistakes, it's been gross to see at times.

I've only missed 1-2 games at home, honestly going forward we are fantastic and defensively (even with the losses) we're somewhat better.

I said to the Missus, it's almost like the players want him gone - the two goals today were dreadful, and you can't blame him for them even if he does manage the team, they were individual errors and it was horrible from them.

Edit: I just remembered this forum doesn't like facts, I'll go back into hiding now.
    Some fair points there, but taking Jones off (okay he wasn't having a great game but he can do great things) was almost like saying "we're protecting the goal difference"

Maynard is too negative but the players cannot use that as an excuse to deflect from what was, collectively, an abomination of a (non) performance

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Some other club will go bust, and another deducted 30 points, we'll be fine.
    With how things are going, I wouldn't rule out that being Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by eastwoodmagpie View Post
    LOOK I should have had Jatta on the pitch sooner, LOOK just to Bad mistakes again, LOOK we the management team will get back on the training pitch. LOOK we did have Most of the ball, LOOK i thought Robertson and Slocombe played well, (joke)
    Look ! We'll win Monday.
    Look, a flying pig !

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I do wonder if in a parallel universe we don’t concede those two pathetic goals, we keep a clean sheet and Jatta starts or comes on sooner and scores one or even two.
    You mean this isn't the parallel universe? So we are not going to wake up anytime soon and find we are top of the Prem? Bollox!!

A lot of the goals we've let in have been player mistakes, it's been gross to see at times.

I said to the Missus, it's almost like the players want him gone - the two goals today were dreadful, and you can't blame him for them even if he does manage the team, they were individual errors and it was horrible from them.

Edit: I just remembered this forum doesn't like facts, I'll go back into hiding now.
    Here are some FACTS:

Fullarton P12 W3 D1 L8 = Points 10
    Maynard P13 W2 D2 L9 = points 8

16 Notts County 40 15 6 19 77 76 1 51 L L D W L L

Unless there is a miracle Monday will see the worst run of consecutive defeats in our entire history.

What FACTS do you have in defence? Possession? Or Possession leading to opposition goals?

Quote Originally Posted by Thin_Man View Post
    I've had the "pleasure" of listening to the Swindon commentary. In my opinion, they were laughing at Notts. And they weren't wrong.
    And if I heard correctly, one of them called us "Comedy County" Enough said.

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast