+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Swindon Town [EFL L2] 29.03.24

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    How the hell is it Slocambes fault, robinson should have surely looked before the back pass, thats just basic stuff
    Also this is totally on recruitment they knew they needed a better goal keeper for L2 and slocambe was told he was a number 2 basically, yet here slocambe still is because the others were worse, again hardly slocambes fault
    Exactly, The first rule of the pass to the keeper is to not pass it directly towards goal. Slocombe made himself available so as the ball wasn't going to head towords goal. Robertson passed it towards goal that luckily hit the post, not what Slocombe was expecting. He had no chance, but why didn't Baldwin react the same as the goalscorer as he was holding him seconds before then can be seen walking over as he scores!!! It was a comedy of errors again!!!

The second one was all Slocombe though

I've never seen anything like Slocombe's positioning for that first goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That couldn't be further from the truth. Under Maynard we are slow and ponderous going forward, and still just as bad defensively.

And I've seen every home game apart from the Pisspot Trophy.
    We also had a few poor home games under Williams. I can’t get it out of my mind how the Mansfield fans were laughing at us every time we passed it back to Slocombe to hoof it upfield. Only to come straight back.
    Maynard is much, much worse with the same players.
    Can you remember LW talking about if the club had ambition they would bring new defenders.
    Recruitment failed miserably in January. Bringing in one young lad from Norwich on loan and a loan goalkeeper who doesn’t seem much better than what we’ve got. Although after todays’ fiasco maybe that is not quite true.
    So Maynard must go because he is not good enough.
    And Montague must go because he has failed also.

How the hell is it Slocambes fault, robinson should have surely looked before the back pass, thats just basic stuff
    Also this is totally on recruitment they knew they needed a better goal keeper for L2 and slocambe was told he was a number 2 basically, yet here slocambe still is because the others were worse, again hardly slocambes fault
    When did we sign this Robinson and Slocambe.

I didn't actually say it was SS's fault did I. I did say Robbo should have looked but my "ffs Sam" was asking why was he so far right?

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    The project hasnt failed. Do you think they really thought we would go up. Yes they may have done at the end of Nov but not pre season. They are learning. It will be sinking in that their model requires technically better players, players with more heart, players mentally strong enough to play proffessional football. They also have to adapt the style to some degree to suit the environment of league two.
    Summer recruitment is *****, as is releasing of players not good enough.
    Maynard has turned out to be a mistake.
    A new manager, who knows this league but can compromise on the model cannot be impossible to find.
    They would have probaly thought 3 seasons in Div 2 before promotion secured a reasonable objective, not one.
    Its been an eye opener for them and us as fans.
    What they need to do now is act like businesmen and make the tough decisions.
    If Maynard is here Monday and we lose, it will be impossible for the Bros not to listen to the fans.
    Hopefully, they can reach a mutual agreement for him to go this evening or tomorrow.
    Genuinely, for his sake. I do feel it will be as vitriolic as ML can be at 5pm on Monday if we are beaten
    That last line cracked me up.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    And there's no way anyone should want these owners gone, they're learning on the job and will have taken alot from this season so they are more than entitled to mistakes.
    I don’t want them gone but they have been in charge for 5 years now. Perhaps they need to be seen as more actively and pro-actively involved. They do have to take and acknowledge some responsibility.

I haven't read all the most recent posts having been to the pub for a couple of hours to cheer myself up
    From the first few minutes today I feared the worst
    Snails pace passing around at the back - essentially players passing the buck - which stank of fear and lack of confidence/ambition
    We'd laugh if an opponent conceded the two goals we have today
    Pretty depressing

Quote Originally Posted by Could'vebeenacontender View Post
    I haven't read all the most recent posts having been to the pub for a couple of hours to cheer myself up
    From the first few minutes today I feared the worst
    Snails pace passing around at the back - essentially players passing the buck - which stank of fear and lack of confidence/ambition
    We'd laugh if an opponent conceded the two goals we have today
    Pretty depressing
    Think of the 3 goals we conceded against Shrewsbury in the cup. Same old. Same old.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    I very very rarely criticise our players, I love this club and have done for 55 years, they have been part of my life. But there comes a time when you have to face the truth, some are not good enough. As for ffs, your comment, not mine.
    Nice to see you dipping your toe in the real world Soccerman, in football terms at least! I share your pain, it's hard to take but sometimes as you say you have to face the truth. Sometimes blind loyalty is misplaced, you have to face the truth that something you have supported passionately all of your life is on a very steep downward curve due to poor leadership. But let's leave politics out of this.

I really hoped Maynard would be another gem from the brothers, but I can't see it. I can't see him coming good if we give him more time, I can only see us sinking lower. Pull the trigger tonight, put JOB in charge until the last game and learn the harsh lessons from this season.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast