+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Maynard out

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    As someone who supported SM losing faith briefly only during Salford/Swindon. I’m starting to see what the owners mean when talking about luck.

Aside from the two games mentioned any of the others SM has managed could have been wins/draws/losses but should have returned a lot more points than they did. The performance has nearly always been there, and when we don’t give away really silly goals we win games. Even that last two could have gone the other way had luck been well out of our favour.
    It's so funny how what was said in that statement has come true basically immediately. I've really enjoyed the last two games, but I honestly don't think we played any better than we did in most of the long run of defeats, our luck has just suddenly changed. We gave plenty of chances to Harrogate and Walsall, definitely more than against Swindon, Salford, Wimbledon recently (off the top of my head), they just missed them all.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Ive given my opinion, and i think this guy will come good. Shoot me down if you like, but i am rarely wrong..
    That is interesting pretty sure 2 weeks ago you wanted him sacked.

What has changed I wonder wouldn’t be 7/9 points would it ?

You can’t be wrong as you have covered all bases in the last month that is why !

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    That is interesting pretty sure 2 weeks ago you wanted him sacked.

What has changed I wonder wouldn’t be 7/9 points would it ?

You can’t be wrong as you have covered all bases in the last month that is why !
    Yes i did originally want him out. But looking back at the circumstances he was confronted with, I honestly think that whoever we had in charge the results would have been no better.. He now seems to have steadied the ship, and like i have said, i just think we could be onto something next season with him...

Yes i did originally want him out. But looking back at the circumstances he was confronted with, I honestly think that whoever we had in charge the results would have been no better.. He now seems to have steadied the ship, and like i have said, i just think we could be onto something next season with him...
    Fair play Durham. None of us know with any certainty about any manager regardless of their history but I think we are seeing some positive signs.
    Tbf to him I think he handled himself pretty well in the post match interviews regardless what people say as he would have been feeling immense pressure just within himself and it was good to see him looking a lot more confident post Walsall.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Fair play Durham. None of us know with any certainty about any manager regardless of their history but I think we are seeing some positive signs.
    Tbf to him I think he handled himself pretty well in the post match interviews regardless what people say as he would have been feeling immense pressure just within himself and it was good to see him looking a lot more confident post Walsall.
    Success breeds confidence and the guy had a baptism of fire. Really hope it works out for him, because that will mean we’re doing well. Richard Montague, over to you…

Looking back on this season as a whole with both managers, the remarkable thing is how tight most of the games have been - we’ve won games that could have gone the other way, and vice-versa. Mansfield and Sutton were the only hammerings we took, and Morecambe the only one we dished out.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Success breeds confidence and the guy had a baptism of fire. Really hope it works out for him, because that will mean we’re doing well. Richard Montague, over to you…

Looking back on this season as a whole with both managers, the remarkable thing is how tight most of the games have been - we’ve won games that could have gone the other way, and vice-versa. Mansfield and Sutton were the only hammerings we took, and Morecambe the only one we dished out.
    I know most won’t want to hear it but with the owners being analysts, it was probably a bit of a test and learn season for them. They probably wanted to test most of last seasons squad to see if they could raise their levels instead of changing everything and the costs that come with it. As much as they wanted promotion they’re looking at it long term and as you say and they said they believe what we have isn’t that far off and now they know for sure the areas they need to strengthen without guessing at the start of the season.

I know most won’t want to hear it but with the owners being analysts, it was probably a bit of a test and learn season for them. They probably wanted to test most of last seasons squad to see if they could raise their levels instead of changing everything and the costs that come with it. As much as they wanted promotion they’re looking at it long term and as you say and they said they believe what we have isn’t that far off and now they know for sure the areas they need to strengthen without guessing at the start of the season.
    If they really want to go for promotion then any new recruits ought to be good enough to hold their own in league 1.
    Or else it will be groundhog day.

Probably an element of truth in this but giving the number of defenders that they did 2 year contracts is/was bonkers.

Fair enough but I don’t think many managers would complain at a team in the play offs as bad circumstances I take it you mean LW “left” us in this state when it’s nowt to do with him he doesn’t buy/sell anyone that is RM remit mainly.

I remember all the people gloating when LW lost at Swansea funny how the topic has disappeared isn’t it anyone would think he might actually know what he is doing !

I know after the start it’s hard to take but this is the reality when you get promoted it’s very very hard to go back to back not many do it, Wrexham just have but we all know why that is they pretty much having league one standard players.

Anyway let’s hope we sort the squad out in the summer.
    Last edited by legs77; 15-04-2024 at 09:38 PM.

What an absolute pile of ....... tonight.
    Get him OUT.

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast