+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Maynard out

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    It's not the loss, it's the manner of the loss.
    I know what you are saying and that was my main concern it wasnt losing it is how we are losing.

My take now is the season is dead so im not bothered too much no point really some of this hopefully have two games left with us tops.

I believe the wins against Harrogate and Walsall have bought Maynard the summer and possibly the first 10-15 games into next season.
    My concern is that we massively rode our luck against Harrogate and could easily have lost that thanks to a 20 minute spell after half time when the visitors took us apart and those wins have just papered over the cracks.
    So far the supporters at matches have been supportive and understanding of Maynard and his situation here with the defenders he’s inherited, I don’t believe come the new season and should we get off to a sluggish start that patience will remain.

So, in his interview, SM says he had to change it to 433, presumably after we were a few goals down. If that works (big if) then why not start 433 and then change if we are having an easy ride?

Last season when we kept high possession the opposition chased us and wore themselves out when all they had to do was be a bit more patient and wait for our mistakes.

It seems to take us a long time to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by NottsNotCounty View Post
    I believe the wins against Harrogate and Walsall have bought Maynard the summer and possibly the first 10-15 games into next season.
    My concern is that we massively rode our luck against Harrogate and could easily have lost that thanks to a 20 minute spell after half time when the visitors took us apart and those wins have just papered over the cracks.
    So far the supporters at matches have been supportive and understanding of Maynard and his situation here with the defenders he’s inherited, I don’t believe come the new season and should we get off to a sluggish start that patience will remain.
    This is the main fear , so what he finally won 2 games on the bounce after 16 matches. Why does it buy him the summer and next season, the guy record is still very poor P17 W 4 D 3 L10 = Points 15 from 51 available over 46 games gives 40 points relegation
    The best SM will do is mid table, then the bro,s will eventually sack him after wasting 2 years. Why not just appoint a better coach in the first place, remember they payed compo to wealdstone for SM, an with the compo they got for LW could have got better. looks like we are in for a few mid table seasons in L2
    On another note we are so far of promotion, we did not get a single point out of the top 3 teams, still this is probably a good thing as they have all gone

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    This is the main fear, so what he finally won 2 games on the bounce after 16 matches. Why does it buy him the summer and next season, the guy record is still very poor P17 W 4 D 3 L10 = Points 15 from 51 available over 46 games gives 40 points relegation
    The best SM will do is mid table, then the bro,s will eventually sack him after wasting 2 years. Why not just appoint a better coach in the first place, remember they payed compo to wealdstone for SM, an with the compo they got for LW could have got better. looks like we are in for a few mid table seasons in L2
    On another note we are so far of promotion, we did not get a single point out of the top 3 teams, still this is probably a good thing as they have all gone
    They seem to have an issue with accepting responsibility. Maybe it has something to do with having a wealthy Dad who will pick up the pieces. At least they have a wealthy Dad to pick up the pieces is another way of looking at it. If only Trew and Hardy had wealthy Dads. But if they can't admit their massive mistake then at least they will buy their way out of it and then, maybe two years later, with a decent manager and a massively improved squad, we will move forward again. I'm 63 and hope to live to see that but I feel for the older ones.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728