+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Preston North End Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    The LR appointment process was a shambles from start to finish. TS thought he had a replacement for MT who then gave back word and so the club spent a month scratching around for a manager.All quality candidates didn't want to touch the job with a barge pole so LR ended up with it by default.It sounds harsh but I can't believe the situation played out in any other way. On a side note I think LR will get his second win against Plymouth. I've always had a gut feeling that Plymouth are going down.....I don't know why! Their result yesterday was a real set back at the worst time of the season and they may find themselves in the bottom three for the first time in the season after the 46th game.
    I’ve calmed down now. I agree about LR it was a shambles the recruitment of him.
    I said right at the beginning he shouldn’t have been brought in because it was too much of a risk for us and him. His credibility is just about gone now. If he’d have been brought in at the end of the season or after relegation confirmed things may be different.
    He’s showing in this situation he’s out of his depth and we are worse now than before. I don’t think anyone is suggesting MT was faultless he’s made some stupid decisions. That said we should have left him in place we were either going to go down or stay up we were still in with a chance then.
    If the probable relegation was confirmed then someone could have come in with a clean slate.
    The away hard core fans I talk to feel the LR is simply a dead man walking and if he doesn’t get off to a good start he will be gone.
    LR probably doesn’t deserve some of the criticism but unfortunately he’s been put in a difficult position and he’s made it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    I’ve calmed down now. I agree about LR it was a shambles the recruitment of him.
    I said right at the beginning he shouldn’t have been brought in because it was too much of a risk for us and him. His credibility is just about gone now. If he’d have been brought in at the end of the season or after relegation confirmed things may be different.
    He’s showing in this situation he’s out of his depth and we are worse now than before. I don’t think anyone is suggesting MT was faultless he’s made some stupid decisions. That said we should have left him in place we were either going to go down or stay up we were still in with a chance then.
    If the probable relegation was confirmed then someone could have come in with a clean slate.
    The away hard core fans I talk to feel the LR is simply a dead man walking and if he doesn’t get off to a good start he will be gone.
    LR probably doesn’t deserve some of the criticism but unfortunately he’s been put in a difficult position and he’s made it worse.
    Totally agree. In all his interviews he is still trying,with all his might,to maintain a distance between the club and himself with constant references to the future and the past whilst he exists in his own exclusion zone of the present. The trouble with that is it starts to where a bit thin after 4 months and 20 odd games.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post

I f the probable relegation was confirmed then someone could have come in with a clean slate.
    I started wondering yesterday if TS might sack LR when relegation is finally confirmed and start again with a clean slate. I know he has said he was appointed for L1, but he can’t have expected the massive implosion we’ve had over half a season. Would any prospective new signings just look at LR as a serial loser in the summer?

The basic fact is,we will always struggle in the championship without big changes (massive investment),or a miracle season.
    So if you're the manager in this situation what do you do.
    Grist will love this,you do what Warne did,find a way to be competitive without spending hardly any money, the same thing that Ronnie realised.
    You play to your strengths, hard work, team spirit and organisation, sprinkled with 3 or 4 decent players, then we have a chance.
    I realise Warne failed at this level, but it was at least a battling failure, and we had the right man to give it another go the following season, 3 straight promotions,that will never happen again.
    What Grist and others fail to grasp is that when you have "good human beings " around you is that when your backs are against the wall your mates will be on your side,and sometimes that means getting a win or a draw when you shouldn't.
    I would say that is the Rotherham way,I know that's what I like to see.

Avin a laugh! When Warney's back was to the wall he ran away to the away dugout don't give me * about away manager getting in the lineman's hear what difference as that made since then? Want a manager who'll stand up & be counted he's here the man for the job. Morrison get him installed as manager now let him access the situation for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Avin a laugh! When Warney's back was to the wall he ran away to the away dugout don't give me * about away manager getting in the lineman's hear what difference as that made since then? Want a manager who'll stand up & be counted he's here the man for the job. Morrison get him installed as manager now let him access the situation for next season.
    Yep. Ran away. By winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    The basic fact is,we will always struggle in the championship without big changes (massive investment),or a miracle season.
    So if you're the manager in this situation what do you do.
    Grist will love this,you do what Warne did,find a way to be competitive without spending hardly any money, the same thing that Ronnie realised.
    You play to your strengths, hard work, team spirit and organisation, sprinkled with 3 or 4 decent players, then we have a chance.
    I realise Warne failed at this level, but it was at least a battling failure, and we had the right man to give it another go the following season, 3 straight promotions,that will never happen again.
    What Grist and others fail to grasp is that when you have "good human beings " around you is that when your backs are against the wall your mates will be on your side,and sometimes that means getting a win or a draw when you shouldn't.
    I would say that is the Rotherham way,I know that's what I like to see.
    Nice amount of sense here.

You know. I'd happily our gates be 1500 less if the brain dead anti Warne brigade (who look even more dense now) just didnt go.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    Nice amount of sense here.

You know. I'd happily our gates be 1500 less if the brain dead anti Warne brigade (who look even more dense now) just didnt go.
    Warne was too scared to spend money.

Didn't want to fail and his list was drastically reduced because of his good human being test

But the happy clappy mugs kept kidding his arse

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    You’ve posted some bullsh*t over the years Grist but that’s up there with the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

Didn't want to fail and his list was drastically reduced because of his good human being test

But the happy clappy mugs kept kidding his arse
    Haven't you got some colouring in you could be getting on with?
    Your posts are getting more childish by the day.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast