+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Preston North End Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    Which bit don't you understand?
    Maybe the lack of detail?
    They are just empty statements really.
    The "what" bit is relatively easy, it's the "how" that's more problematical.
    Ask the Tories, and I suspect it won't be long before Labour start backtracking once they actually have to do something rather than just criticising the current mess.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    It won't make a blind bit of difference whether he stays or goes.There's a reason why we cannot attract a good manager at this club and that is lack of ambition with no plan.It will be the same old,same old.The fans have got wise to all the empty promises.
    I’m really interested to find out who these good managers are we can’t attract ? 1 Warnock bailed out in Scotland, 2 Wilder doing nothing at Blades, 3 Birmingham new manager only worth a six month contract and taking them to league one with us ? Who and where do you attract these good managers from ?

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    I’m really interested to find out who these good managers are we can’t attract ? 1 Warnock bailed out in Scotland, 2 Wilder doing nothing at Blades, 3 Birmingham new manager only worth a six month contract and taking them to league one with us ? Who and where do you attract these good managers from ?
    And that's the chilling bit the thought that LR is more than likely the best we can attract

In December we were trying to recruit someone to keep us in the cship.
    Let’s face it Neil / Wilder / Rowett / Jones were all out of our league and could / have now found employment with bigger clubs than us. Effectively they were on a wish list.

In Div one we are a more attractive proposition for current L1 , L2 , NL managers so I would suggest we need to find someone from that pool and try again.
    Who exactly? I don’t know enough about individuals and clubs in those divisions so I can’t be specific but RS will
    Last edited by flourbasher; 31-03-2024 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    In December we were trying to recruit someone to keep us in the cship.
    Let’s face it Neil / Wilder / Rowett / Jones were all out of our league and could / have now found employment with bigger clubs than us. Effectively they were on a wish list.

In Div one we are a more attractive proposition for current L1 , L2 , NL managers so I would suggest we need to find someone from that pool and try again.
    Who exactly? I don’t know enough about individuals and clubs in those divisions so I can’t be specific but RS will
    The Wednesday manager, plucked off the continent. Seems more than competent. How do we tap into that pool of potential managers instead of the tired old " local lad ex player" list?

Gary Caldwell Exeter manager don't know financial situation there but he's keeping them up this season. Been manager there 18 months not sure how long he's got left on his contract. One to consider.

Flour is right, daft as sounds we will be a more attractive proposition to new manager in league one.
    My gut feeling since Richardson came in is that this season is free hit and his real chance is next season.
    However, it's been that bad and might get worse,there could be a change at the end of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    The Wednesday manager, plucked off the continent. Seems more than competent. How do we tap into that pool of potential managers instead of the tired old " local lad ex player" list?
    Yes, it’s a valid option too. RS said a while ago that he would be scouring Europe for players so maybe he’s aware of Manager,s too.
    He was successful in finding Humpy in the Netherlands but not so with Arvin Appiah

Not sure Hudds fans are happy with their foreign Manager.
    Choosing Managers from the lower reaches of the EFL is a lottery too though

I'm certainly not going to make a case for Richardson but, if we're honest, when we were looking for someone to replace Taylor, wouldn't you think that someone who had won the League 1 championship would have been a really good bet for our club?
    If we look to replace him now, who is likely to be available with a better CV (on paper)?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I'm certainly not going to make a case for Richardson but, if we're honest, when we were looking for someone to replace Taylor, wouldn't you think that someone who had won the League 1 championship would have been a really good bet for our club?
    If we look to replace him now, who is likely to be available with a better CV (on paper)?
    You make an excellent point. Like Pocket said he should have been brought in after relegation was confirmed. On paper he would look a good fit the reality is he’s damaged his credentials for the job moving forward. He’s inherited issues I agree but he’s not done anything to suggest he’s the right man now.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast