+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It is just crazt to think....

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    What is this dichotomy you speak of?
    A dichotomy you say? Hmmmm.
    In the sense of two opposing classes. The upper echelons (supposedly) of the Premier versus the lower championship class.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I think it’ll be Blues, they couldn’t beat an egg at the moment.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Good one. Good timing being Easter an all..
    🤣🤣🤣

Love the Championship as it’s a proper competition. Every supporter whatever their team can genuinely approach every game with a sporting chance to win. There is an uplifting anticipation approaching every match home or away.

Comparing the Premier League where there are around a third of all games where a total humiliation is possible. That’s not a competition. Personally I just can’t get enthusiastic about my own team facing overwhelming odds most weeks.

Agree with a lot of what others have posted. For me the Championship is far more interesting than the Premiership mostly because (with the possible exception of either the top two or bottom two clubs) any team has a decent chance of beating any other. Those clubs that have only just come down and so have the parachute money to retain the majority of their Premiership players may have an advantage over the other teams but the Championship still remains far more competitive than the Premiership where it tends to be the same group of teams in the top six then the same ones jostling around mid table followed by the rest.

Money, of course, plays a massive part and so the gulf between the "big" clubs of the Premiership and the rest of the teams in that league is big enough let alone the gulf between them and any team coming up from the Championship. If, by some small miracle, we did manage to win the play-offs and gain promotion it would doubtless be good in terms of the prestige and the money-but the reality would be that MOTD wouldn't make very enjoyable watching for most of the time!

At least our new owner is realistic and seems keenly aware that any real success will only come slowly and that it will take time to build the sustainability we need. Consequently, if we were to gain promotion this time around it isn't going to be pretty in the early stages. Shilen Patel may have far more money to invest than Lai but finances will still be limited compared to others and so it's crucial that our recruitment is far better than it has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Agree with a lot of what others have posted. For me the Championship is far more interesting than the Premiership mostly because (with the possible exception of either the top two or bottom two clubs) any team has a decent chance of beating any other. Those clubs that have only just come down and so have the parachute money to retain the majority of their Premiership players may have an advantage over the other teams but the Championship still remains far more competitive than the Premiership where it tends to be the same group of teams in the top six then the same ones jostling around mid table followed by the rest.

Money, of course, plays a massive part and so the gulf between the "big" clubs of the Premiership and the rest of the teams in that league is big enough let alone the gulf between them and any team coming up from the Championship. If, by some small miracle, we did manage to win the play-offs and gain promotion it would doubtless be good in terms of the prestige and the money-but the reality would be that MOTD wouldn't make very enjoyable watching for most of the time!

At least our new owner is realistic and seems keenly aware that any real success will only come slowly and that it will take time to build the sustainability we need. Consequently, if we were to gain promotion this time around it isn't going to be pretty in the early stages. Shilen Patel may have far more money to invest than Lai but finances will still be limited compared to others and so it's crucial that our recruitment is far better than it has been.
    Nailed it, spot on

Sooooo......... can anyone tell me what 'crazt' means please? Cheers in advance 😎.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Sooooo......... can anyone tell me what 'crazt' means please? Cheers in advance 😎.
    I'll take that question.
    I always say crazt instead of crazy. Its an Irish thing. Like we don't pronounce "TH" either.
    Plus when I turn off spell checker, it usually leaves everything alone, which is fine by me.
    And lastly the edit tool on this site does not allow you to change any thing in the thread title once posted.
    So I leave it up to the reader's intelligence as to what it was meant to be....back to an IQ thing again....'68

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    I'll take that question.
    I always say crazt instead of crazy. Its an Irish thing. Like we don't pronounce "TH" either.
    Plus when I turn off spell checker, it usually leaves everything alone, which is fine by me.
    And lastly the edit tool on this site does not allow you to change any thing in the thread title once posted.
    So I leave it up to the reader's intelligence as to what it was meant to be....back to an IQ thing again....'68
    Roy Dubbs, tanks four dat 😉.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Roy Dubbs, tanks four dat 😉.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)