+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ticket sales for monday are poor

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Recruitment on the whole hasn't been that bad, Rodrigues, Langstaff, Scott, Jones, Crowley. Others like Baldwin and Bostock have made very important goals to get us back in the football league. OK some have been crap like Morias, Randall, Stone but as said all clubs make the odd bad signing. The problem we had was we didn't upgrade our non league players like Cameron, Rawlinson, Brindley at the back when we should have done in the summer.
    Just to be clear, I’m aiming the criticism from last summer onwards

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Agree 100%.
    And compounded inexcusably in the January window by effectively doing nothing to meaningfully improve the defence. Williams had sounded the warning with those comments just before he left about the club bringing in new defenders if they were "ambitious enough".
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67625496
    A gross failure on the recruitment front.
    Sobering to read again what Luke said in December
    Nothing has changed apart from not having Luke around to use his inspirational personality
    Poor old SM was left with a UXB which has now gone off spectactularly

Quote Originally Posted by Could'vebeenacontender View Post
    Nothing has changed apart from not having Luke around to use his inspirational personality
    Spot on, it’s very clear that LW was superb getting the most out of our collection of ‘Raggy Dolls’ with his inspirational man management. I don't get the impression SM has any of those skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    Actually i have checked online ,and todays sales have been good,i think they will bring 1.5k so it will be a 10k plus crowd
    Thank you for this - like seriously - I know it's a shocking run but there is a lot of Sun Newspaper style headlines on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Could'vebeenacontender View Post
    What was clear was that LW was at his wits end to come out so publicly and despite Swansea being nearer his home I wonder if he might have stayed if the recruitment had been improved with a commensurate uplift in our results. We were just a couple of players away from challenging near the top. Probably would have gone anyway I suppose.

He had us playing in a way that the offensive threat took pressure off a poor defence and we got away with it when attacking opposition were not as astute. Poor SM was sold a dud. It took a championship capable manager to make us look a half-decent League 2 side.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    Lullapie. The players aren't to blame. Sure??, I think they share a large part of the blame.

ask Scott Robertson why he hit a pass towards the Notts goal? * Even if Sam Slocome had been standing in a better position, it's asking an awful lot of him. How often in a game do midfielders hit their own post in ten seasons? Never, once.

Even, Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal players would have cleared their lines.

I like the system and approach Notts play now, but the players have to use their initiative on occasions.

* I'm not picking on SR, I think he's a good signing and can get even better.
    We’re both entitled to our views. I don’t believe we need a mass clear out. One of us is probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    Actually i have checked online ,and todays sales have been good,i think they will bring 1.5k so it will be a 10k plus crowd
    Against Salford of all teams we had about 9700 Notts' fans.
    Let us see if that number changes for the rest of the season.

About 1200 mk dorks coming which is crap for the position they're in.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345