+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ticket sales for monday are poor

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    You stand still in sport you go backwards … there’s a few on this board who want to stare and admire what the brothers have done in the past without looking at what the faults are within the club setup to move us forward.
    Can you name these faults then please ?

We don’t have a divine right to win games that needs to be factored it’s completely ridiculous to put blame on our owners who imo have done no wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Can you name these faults then please ?

completely ridiculous to put blame on our owners who imo have done no wrong.
    Recruitment, strategy for the first part of your question, and for the second they set that out so they are to blame, if not them who do you blame?

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    I’ve been boycotting ML because I don’t agree that the current manager/coach should still be there.
    I mean why should I be bothered after 40 years to travel all that way to ML just to see he’s ****ed up another team selection and loss.
    Been a season ticket for nearly 20 year and given it up 3 games ago can’t be arsed the guys a clown only way he’s going to be removed is if attendance goes down.
    That's your choice but I like going, prefer us winning to losing but we're not Man City so losing is part of the deal.
    If you want to have a strop, knock yourself out, I'll keep going though because it's what I like doing most, Harrogate next week, Walsall the week after, season ticket again next year all being well.
    I think Maynard will go, I can't see him turning this round now so you'll likely get what you want in the end.

Recruitment, strategy for the first part of your question, and for the second they set that out so they are to blame, if not them who do you blame?
    Every club makes poor signings is there a set way we can sign 100% quality as I’ve yet to see it from any club?

We have moved up a level it’s important to remember that I think staying up is acceptable.

I don’t rate Maynard at all but NO MANAGER is guaranteed to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    Actually i have checked online ,and todays sales have been good,i think they will bring 1.5k so it will be a 10k plus crowd
    MKD site says their allocation is 1,039 with a 170 available at the gate on matchday.

Total attendance bearing in mind a Bank Holiday family day might suggest 9,000 plus.

Recruitment on the whole hasn't been that bad, Rodrigues, Langstaff, Scott, Jones, Crowley. Others like Baldwin and Bostock have made very important goals to get us back in the football league. OK some have been crap like Morias, Randall, Stone but as said all clubs make the odd bad signing. The problem we had was we didn't upgrade our non league players like Cameron, Rawlinson, Brindley at the back when we should have done in the summer.

Everyone is blaming the players. I don’t believe they are to blame. The system that they are being asked to play is the problem.

Then you need to ask, is it Maynard who sets the game plan or somebody above him.

I still think he was brought in, because he could be controlled but would also be a scapegoat if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    Everyone is blaming the players. I don’t believe they are to blame. The system that they are being asked to play is the problem.

Then you need to ask, is it Maynard who sets the game plan or somebody above him.

I still think he was brought in, because he could be controlled but would also be a scapegoat if necessary.
    Lullapie. The players aren't to blame. Sure??, I think they share a large part of the blame.

ask Scott Robertson why he hit a pass towards the Notts goal? * Even if Sam Slocome had been standing in a better position, it's asking an awful lot of him. How often in a game do midfielders hit their own post in ten seasons? Never, once.

Even, Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal players would have cleared their lines.

I like the system and approach Notts play now, but the players have to use their initiative on occasions.

* I'm not picking on SR, I think he's a good signing and can get even better.
    Last edited by ThaiPie; 01-04-2024 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Recruitment on the whole hasn't been that bad, Rodrigues, Langstaff, Scott, Jones, Crowley. Others like Baldwin and Bostock have made very important goals to get us back in the football league. OK some have been crap like Morias, Randall, Stone but as said all clubs make the odd bad signing. The problem we had was we didn't upgrade our non league players like Cameron, Rawlinson, Brindley at the back when we should have done in the summer.
    I’d agree with the names you suggest (you can also add Wootton, Roberts and Palmer to the list - plus promising signs from Macari, Robertson and Jatta).

Where we failed was last summer, with too many sentimental choices - the return of Didzy; two year contracts for the likes of Slocombe and Rawlinson when they should have been thanked for their service and allowed to move on - and little thought about the physical side of the game. And then there’s the fact we have three goalkeepers, none of whom is good enough for the type of game we play.

You’re ultimately only as good as your recruitment, and ours failed this season.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Where we failed was last summer, with too many sentimental choices - the return of Didzy; two year contracts for the likes of Slocombe and Rawlinson when they should have been thanked for their service and allowed to move on - and little thought about the physical side of the game. And then there’s the fact we have three goalkeepers, none of whom is good enough for the type of game we play.

You’re ultimately only as good as your recruitment, and ours failed this season.
    This is what I think, too.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast