+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keepmoat Car Boot.

Keepmoat Car Boot.

I had a run out this morning for the first time.
    Only bought some coffee and a cactus though.
    But it’s a well run and organised car boot all on tarmac and there’s a cafe doing breakfasts in the stadium.
    Could easily do something like this at NYS. Get people in and around the stadium on a Sunday. Do some football in the community stuff like raffles and penalty shootouts and raise a few quid.
    Whatever you think of car boot sales. There’s feck all else going on in town on a Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I had a run out this morning for the first time.
    Only bought some coffee and a cactus though.
    But it’s a well run and organised car boot all on tarmac and there’s a cafe doing breakfasts in the stadium.
    Could easily do something like this at NYS. Get people in and around the stadium on a Sunday. Do some football in the community stuff like raffles and penalty shootouts and raise a few quid.
    Whatever you think of car boot sales. There’s feck all else going on in town on a Sunday.
    Scum, that really is a good idea.
    Can you do me a favour and email RUFC suggesting it?

I feel totally disconnected from RUFC at the moment and it feels like TS has pulled the ladder up after him and is now aloof and distant from the fans. I have made a few suggestions over the last few years to the club and never had a reply.

It would be interesting to see if they respond to an email from you.

Haven’t they already tried this…for whatever reason it didnt last long…

Reading the title I was convinced this was one of the idiots threads trying to convince us woody should be next manager

Yes it’s been tried once before, so if it didn’t work what do we do give up, or try it again maybe do it a different way doesn’t mean it won’t work again remember going to the piggy game a few weeks back and they had a couple of stalls Sausage Grill I think it was selling burgers at £9 a go thought they’ve no chance and do you know what they were busy!
    That’s the trouble with RUFC there’s no one with the commercial nous to get some £ in the corporate side has always done well but someone told me the prices have gone through the roof for next season so they’re alienating the business side as well as the regular supporters why can’t we fill these units up outside the ground ideal time to do it with the Forge Island development alongside it get some shops in there, bars at least for night time new houses been built along the waterside landlord in Cutlers says RMBC done a good job along Westgate why not make it part of a pub crawl?
    Maybe I’m talking out of my harris but we need something because we’re going to lose a lot if £ with Lincoln coming instead of Leeds presumably we’ll lose sponsors too along with the decrease in season tickets and prawn sarnie brigade surely we need as many income streams as possible

The club's run pretty much like a car boot sale already 🙂

Issue was that if there was a lot of car-boot sellers, where would the punters buying
    stuff going to park.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Issue was that if there was a lot of car-boot sellers, where would the punters buying
    stuff going to park.
    The Ron Hull bombsite next door I suppose?

Re:above, Lincoln City might be replacing us in Championship next year they've hit form just at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by Philips View Post
    Re:above, Lincoln City might be replacing us in Championship next year they've hit form just at the right time.
    Have they got the training facilities and financial backing to survive?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast