+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Livingston v Aberdeen

Not a win, but another point and a clean sheet.

We can slag off Livi all we want, but truth is we are equally as pish, just with a bigger budget.

Leven has at least made us a bit more solid at the back, but our defence gives me the fear and think Leven looks to keep it tight and sneak a goal, which is where we are at for the moment.

Really need our managerial mess sorted so we can prepare properly for next season.

Warnock might not have done much, but it is trure we can't continue with a squad of data driven signings.
    Not to say it doesn't have a part to play, but we need proper fitba players and not so many work in progress types.

Another point ahead of County is the only plus from that.
    Just want this season to end already; I’ve no illusions re the cup.

I used to like that feeling when your team scores a goal and you celebrate. Unfortunately now it is followed by that feeling in the pit of your stomach knowing that you have to wait 5-10 minutes just to be sure. It used to be bad enough when an on field official spotted an infringement and a flag was raised but at least that was quick. What happens now is just painfully slow and ensures we are getting step by step closer to our yankee overlords game in respect to the length of it.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    I used to like that feeling when your team scores a goal and you celebrate. Unfortunately now it is followed by that feeling in the pit of your stomach knowing that you have to wait 5-10 minutes just to be sure. It used to be bad enough when an on field official spotted an infringement and a flag was raised but at least that was quick. What happens now is just painfully slow and ensures we are getting step by step closer to our yankee overlords game in respect to the length of it.
    I didna even celebrate when Miovski put it in the net. The game's lost something magical and that genie ain't going back in the bottle, at least for teams at our level.

I've been watching the games on redtv for past couple seasons, and haven't yet been to a game where VAR is used. Honestly, I'm dreading it. And I'll hold my hand up and admit I was all for VAR a few years back, but the sport's becoming brutal to watch.

£27.50 today for that utter dross. We are where we are because we deserve to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
    I didna even celebrate when Miovski put it in the net. The game's lost something magical and that genie ain't going back in the bottle, at least for teams at our level.

I've been watching the games on redtv for past couple seasons, and haven't yet been to a game where VAR is used. Honestly, I'm dreading it. And I'll hold my hand up and admit I was all for VAR a few years back, but the sport's becoming brutal to watch.
    I was phoned by the club the other day about renewing my season ticket early to go into some prize draw. I said that although I’d held a season ticket since 81-82, I’m seriously considering giving it up. Nothing to do with the team’s performances (I witnessed 68-69, 75-76, 94-95, and 99-00 for fuçk’s sake), I told the canvasser - 100% due to VAR of which I’m heartily sick. I was against it when it was being debated, and its horrors have come to pass as predicted.

VAR is just goal celebration killer

What you will have going forward is nobody from the crowd celebrating a goal anymore until its confirmed half an hour later

Didn’t get to see the game at all, other than Sportscene highlights. No surprise it was a drab affair. 7 points from the last 9 is making the table look less scary though.

As for VAR, a) not at all clear it was offside and b) the fact they wouldn’t then share the lines with the media makes me think they’re on the run and it could get axed if the clubs want it.

And if they don’t, the fans of every team should pick a weekend and stay away in protest. It’s killing the enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I was phoned by the club the other day about renewing my season ticket early to go into some prize draw. I said that although I’d held a season ticket since 81-82, I’m seriously considering giving it up. Nothing to do with the team’s performances (I witnessed 68-69, 75-76, 94-95, and 99-00 for fuçk’s sake), I told the canvasser - 100% due to VAR of which I’m heartily sick. I was against it when it was being debated, and its horrors have come to pass as predicted.
    I think the only way to save VAR is make it like cricket where teams get a set number of challenges and if they’re wrong they lose the challenge.

That said the feud club would still get every challenge upheld.

Quote Originally Posted by don_in View Post
    I think the only way to save VAR is make it like cricket where teams get a set number of challenges and if they’re wrong they lose the challenge.

That said the feud club would still get every challenge upheld.
    It's not really VAR that's the issue as such. It's the BITB doing the reviews that f*ck it up.

Taking an age to review something then still somehow giving a wrong decision.

The technology is available that can take away the human errors, why we just don't use that is beyond me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234