+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matchday Thread: Pompey v Rams

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    All will be fine. Trust me.
    You didn’t pick Sibley did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Thought he played well. They all did. Very committed performance. Not a bad player on the pitch. Pity we couldn’t hang on for all three but those last 15 minutes were horrible and I’d have taken a point two hours ago.

P.S. Decent ref too.

Decent result despite leading twice. Possible off side for their 1st and handball for 2nd. But I'd have taken a point before the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    No. PW did that. I approve.

Their 1st? Might have been just offside but too close to call and the ref's assistant got it right in giving the benefit of any doubt to the attacking side. Handball for the 2nd definitely although Collo's half hearted "challenge" didn't help. The ref taking account of the slippery pitch saved JW early doors and their player (Saydee?) when he took Sibs out 5 hours late. Their player was looking for the penalty, imo, he appeared to be going down of his own volition as soon as he felt contact. The ref didn't buy it. I have to admit I thought it was one and then, from the front on replay understood why it wasn't given. Another day, another ref and it, and the 2 red cards, would have been given. Swings and roundabouts. They had the lion's share of possession, we had more shots, same amount on target. The fox may have cost us a 3rd as we had numeric advantage and it was our speed merchants up there. Stopping play was the right decision imo. All in all, I view a draw as the right result.

Their 1st? Might have been just offside but too close to call and the ref's assistant got it right in giving the benefit of any doubt to the attacking side. Handball for the 2nd definitely although Collo's half hearted "challenge" didn't help. The ref taking account of the slippery pitch saved JW early doors and their player (Saydee?) when he took Sibs out 5 hours late. Their player was looking for the penalty, imo, he appeared to be going down of his own volition as soon as he felt contact. The ref didn't buy it. I have to admit I thought it was one and then, from the front on replay understood why it wasn't given. Another day, another ref and it, and the 2 red cards, would have been given. Swings and roundabouts. They had the lion's share of possession, we had more shots, same amount on target. The fox may have cost us a 3rd as we had numeric advantage and it was our speed merchants up there. Stopping play was the right decision imo. All in all, I view a draw as the right result.
    I'd say that Warne got his tactics spot on, I do wonder what might have happened if Bradley had been fit and Warne had played 3 at the back but hey ho, nice to see Ward coming into form and CBT played well.

We could have won, which would ahve been a Brucie bonus, but all in all as you say MA the draw was a fair result. The hope starts to build from here!!

Tbf I think Sibs got away with one on Kamara - a shoulder to the head of their most dangerous player which might even have been a yellow under rugby’s new rules - but the referee, seemed to give him the benefit because of the conditions. Either way good to see a ref adopting common sense and an understanding of how the surface contributed to mistakes being made. Saydee also missed the easiest chance of the night so, all in all a fair result and good to see CBT coming good at last.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Tbf I think Sibs got away with one on Kamara - a shoulder to the head of their most dangerous player which might even have been a yellow under rugby’s new rules - but the referee, seemed to give him the benefit because of the conditions. Either way good to see a ref adopting common sense and an understanding of how the surface contributed to mistakes being made. Saydee also missed the easiest chance of the night so, all in all a fair result and good to see CBT coming good at last.
    Played the ball, contact was on the follow through will be the ref's take on it. Revenge on the wrong player for Saydee's attack on him, maybe? IMO, he played the ball and then turned 90 degrees to avoid possible injury to himself. Some refs would have given the free kick and other may have issued a card of some colour. In this instance I think the ref got it right.

Excellent point, well earned on a night when the monsoons met the sea!

I braved the storms to see last nights game, and you could tell from the body language that the team were really up for it. Pompey never actually got through us last night, any goal was always going to be a pot shot, I was more annoyed that we didn't close it down than any alleged handball.
    Very pleased with what I saw, if they battle like that for the remaining fixtures then we'll go up, they just need to stay pumped up.
    A point gained rather than 2 dropped, and goal difference in tact.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)