+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UTM Website

UTM Website

Haven't been able to get on for several days:

"We can’t connect to the server at carouseldrivefootballs.on.drv.tw"

Certificate issues again if I do manage to get any further and then still blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Haven't been able to get on for several days:

"We can’t connect to the server at carouseldrivefootballs.on.drv.tw"

Certificate issues again if I do manage to get any further and then still blocked.
    It must have just been resurrected. Straight in when I just clicked on it.

Down again:

https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/...alls.on.drv.tw

It's not just you! carouseldrivefootballs.on.drv.tw is down.

Didn't realise this site existed. Fair play to whoever has put it together. It must of taken some time and effort. Thank you👍

Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    Didn't realise this site existed. Fair play to whoever has put it together. It must of taken some time and effort. Thank you👍
    It's a massive resource and how UTM has managed to collate all the information, and thus far for free, is mind boggling.

I can spend hours on it as he keeps adding stuff to it but I often race to the site after a question or point is made on these forums. On this particular occasion I wanted to review our managers over the past 20 years or so. It is astonishing that after Fat Sam (1998/99) no manager has completed two full season and many seasons saw THREE managers. In fact before Warnock and Sirrel you have to go a long way back, to the 50's and before my time, to find any stability in that area.

It's a massive resource and how UTM has managed to collate all the information, and thus far for free, is mind boggling.
    Website itself is 23 years old, though I began collecting a lot of the data together in 1989 on a Commodore Amiga, so it's largely been a case of simply adding little bits and bobs at a time and updating it with the latest results over the course of 35 years. Basic for-next loop routines and conversion processes do most of the hard work. Patching it for things like lockdowns extending the season, points deductions or some club being expelled cause the headaches.... as well as moving the whole lot to a new address, which I'm probably going to have to do if it doesn't settle down at the current address.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Website itself is 23 years old, though I began collecting a lot of the data together in 1989 on a Commodore Amiga, so it's largely been a case of simply adding little bits and bobs at a time and updating it with the latest results over the course of 35 years. Basic for-next loop routines and conversion processes do most of the hard work. Patching it for things like lockdowns extending the season, points deductions or some club being expelled cause the headaches.... as well as moving the whole lot to a new address, which I'm probably going to have to do if it doesn't settle down at the current address.
    Said with the same modesty as De Brunye when interviewed and being congratulated on his 100th goal for ManC "Well I've been here a long time"!

Does anyone at the club know it exists? Much would make a good history lesson.

Said with the same modesty as De Brunye when interviewed and being congratulated on his 100th goal for ManC "Well I've been here a long time"!

Does anyone at the club know it exists? Much would make a good history lesson.
    Charlie Slater told me he used it and mentioned it on-air about a week before the old server hosting it went down for good, which was wonderful timing.

I did write one of my more challenging bits of code last week to work out where all clubs finished in their first season after a promotion for any selected division and the same for relegation, which made for interesting reading. The championship now proving to be the most difficult division to stay up in at first go, despite this season's Premier League suggesting otherwise.

Here's the 4th tier list for first season back up over the last 10 years. Orient being the standout recent example of a team not doing too well on their return but going on to reach tier 3 later on. Lincoln, Bristol Rovers, Luton and Stockport all making an early impression however.
    ^ denotes club had gone up via the play offs.
    text in brackets highlights notable finish in the first season following promotion.

1999/00
    Cheltenham T. 8th

2000/01
    Kidderminster 16th

2001/02
    Rushden & D 6th (play offs)

2002/03
    Boston Utd 15th

2003/04
    Doncaster Rov ^ 1st (promoted again)
    Yeovil Town 8th

2004/05
    Chester C. 20th
    Shrewsbury T. ^ 21st

2005/06
    Carlisle Utd ^ 1st (promoted again)
    Barnet 18th

2006/07
    Hereford U. ^ 16th
    Accrington S. 20th

2007/08
    Morecambe ^ 11th
    Dagenham & R. 20th

2008/09
    Exeter City ^ 2nd (promoted again)
    Aldershot 15th

2009/10
    Burton Albion 13th
    Torquay Utd ^ 17th

2010/11
    Stevenage 6th (play off winners for successive promotion)
    Oxford Utd ^ 12th

2011/12
    Crawley Town 3rd (promoted again)
    Wimbledon ^ 16th

2012/13
    Fleetwood T. 13th
    York City ^ 17th

2013/14
    Mansfield T. 11th
    Newport Co. ^ 14th

2014/15
    Luton Town 8th
    Cambridge Utd ^ 19th

2015/16
    Bristol Rov ^ 3rd (promoted again)
    Barnet 15th

2016/17
    Grimsby Town ^ 14th
    Cheltenham T. 21st

2017/18
    Lincoln City 7th (play offs)
    Forest Green ^ 21st

2018/19
    Tranmere Rov ^ 6th (play off winners for successive promotion)
    Macclesfield 22nd

2019/20
    Salford City ^ 11th
    Leyton Orient 17th

2020/21
    Harrogate T. ^ 17th
    Barrow 21st

2021/22
    Sutton Utd 8th
    Hartlepool U. ^ 17th

2022/23
    Stockport Co 4th (play offs)
    Grimsby Town ^ 11th

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Sorry if this comes across a bit patronising, it's not the intention - I also haven't seen the site as it's down.

Maybe it's worth converting it to a type of wikipedia page - a lot of them can be created for free so it'd take away the hosting issue, it's just a bit of a different format from what you perhaps had been using, but then at the same time easier to look after?

Quote Originally Posted by HeroPie1862 View Post
    Sorry if this comes across a bit patronising, it's not the intention - I also haven't seen the site as it's down.

Maybe it's worth converting it to a type of wikipedia page - a lot of them can be created for free so it'd take away the hosting issue, it's just a bit of a different format from what you perhaps had been using, but then at the same time easier to look after?
    The address mentioned earlier is for the server, not the site, the full address is.....
    https://carouseldrivefootballs.on.dr...maggies00.html
    which is up as I'm typing, though it is likely to go down again, in which case it will return a security warning if the latest safety certificate has expired (beyond my control).
    It's much more relevant and detailed for Notts circa 1960-2002. Info for seasons 2002/03 onwards is well covered by other websites.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast