+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Burton Albion v Barnsley

2nd half chalk and cheese, bringing McAtee and Phillips on changed the game, but it looks again like we have to go behind to get our ar5es into gear!

Let’s hope Collins has got the message, play your best players, play your best formation, just so long as it doesn’t include Cosgrove.

Dug themselves out of a real hole in that second half , that was a huge 45 minutes in the context of this season .

I'm not actually going to praise that second half because that's what they should be producing , just doesn't work for me after watching that load of shyte in the first half .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Dug themselves out of a real hole in that second half , that was a huge 45 minutes in the context of this season .

I'm not actually going to praise that second half because that's what they should be producing , just doesn't work for me after watching that load of shyte in the first half .
    Absolutely agree. Were we better? Or just that they were poorer in second half?
    Good goals though

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Absolutely agree. Were we better? Or just that they were poorer in second half?
    Good goals though
    John Mac was the difference , the Burton team just didn't know whether to bat or ball when he came on .

If ever there was a game of two halves then that’s up there. Absolutely woeful first half and pulled it around after I almost unplugged the thing at half time.

Starting lineup was way off kilt Mr Collins but surprisingly we were better without Kane in the 2nd half with Russell having one of his better games. Much better balanced upfront and in midfield with McAttee giving Burton defenders more to think about.

We have today set a club record for the longest unbeaten away league run in one season, 11 games. They have also set a club record for most away points, 42, and equalled the club record for most away wins with 12. Just four away games still left to play.

Now just what would have been had our home form been half decent.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

I'm not praising it either Animal. They shouldn't have got themselves into that position in the first place. Awful time, in my opinion, for Collins to make so many changes to the style of play and formation in an away game. It's new solutions in our home games that are required. I have to question Collins' judgement today.

Interestingly I thought at the back today we looked more comfortable with a back four than we have looked all season with wing backs & three central defenders , regulars on here will know that I have been very critical all season of our central defenders but today I thought they did well and I couldn"t even blame for their goal as Connell clearly got caught in possession which left us wide open & paid the price , in the second half Collins got his substitutions right & we won comfortably & whilst I know it is open season on Collins I actually think he got it right today & if we are going to make it to the play offs he will have to get it right a few more times yet . Special mention today for two lads who have a fair share of critics , I thought Russell & Cosgrove did very well & I especially enjoyed Cosgrove"s assist in McCatee"s second goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    I'm not praising it either Animal. They shouldn't have got themselves into that position in the first place. Awful time, in my opinion, for Collins to make so many changes to the style of play and formation in an away game. It's new solutions in our home games that are required. I have to question Collins' judgement today.
    Not done himself any favours today Collins even though we've won the game .

A very desperate starting eleven which clearly didn't work but the players too have to take responsibility for that woeful first half performance .

It's unbelievable that if Pompey beat Derby, Bolton win their game in hand, us and Posh win games in hand the table will be:
    Pompey 89
    Derby 81
    Bolton 81
    Posh 80
    Reds 80
    With only 4 games after that has second place really gone however bad we have been playing!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast