+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where would you like us to finish next season?

You don't want success? Are you mad? Maybe this attitude runs through our club like the words in a stick of rock. If you don't believe you won't achieve

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Who, a123 or myself?
    I don’t care if other users take my view as lacking ambition.

Does anyone really want to witness another season like this one in a couple of seasons time?

Without massive investment which TS has demonstrated he is unwilling to do means we would need outside investment which ain’t coming, we need incremental investment which will take time to deliver the results we all want.

I would like to see us being competitive and entertaining with a team that is hard working and has some exciting talented players for league 1. Where that puts us in the table at the end of the season I don't know but it's what I would like to watch.
    I believe our level of Finance will allow for this given recent history.
    Who knows for sure, that's all part of being a supporter.

Somewhere in the top half would be good

We need to put on the brakes and stop the slide.

Ideally I would like to see a much younger side with a move to more locally produced players as we had with Wiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Somewhere in the top half would be good

We need to put on the brakes and stop the slide.

Ideally I would like to see a much younger side with a move to more locally produced players as we had with Wiles.
    That would require the young players we currently have. Thing is as a Manager you are tasked to bounce us straight back, for the money, so whoever is in charge next season will they be willing to risk it? I very much doubt it and that is where we are not willing to build for the future but grab what's out there to keep your job.

Halt the decline and stay in L1 - we’ll have our work cut out to achieve that. Forget the Championship until we’ve got a more professional approach and facilities in all aspects of the club - everyone clear about what we’re about and working to that end. Recover our DNA the last of which left the club with the departure of players like Wood and Wiles - no surrender, hard work and some skill/guile that is affordable

Could we get Wiles back next season, he only got a 2 year deal at Huddersfield?

Goals for next season

(1) Score a goal
    (2) Win a game
    (3) Win an away game
    (4) Break the 50 point barrier

That's August covered, not sure about the other months

Relegation next season please
    There’s a handful of grounds I haven’t seen us play at in L2
    I have every confidence in LR that he will deliver
    Last edited by flourbasher; 01-04-2024 at 06:48 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast