+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Where would you like us to finish next season?

Hopefully

Cam will wonder what on earth has happened on this forum with these explosion of threads and messages today 😂 😂😂

The passion will be back that’s for sure. The rollercoaster is refuelling and is ready to go.

I will be happy with 8th

Everyone thinks we don’t shell out, the fat man rolls back in after his team can’t make the playoffs and expectations are higher. Wonder why he came back, did Tony open the purse strings? Only expectation I want is for us to still have a club and not get robbed again by this love in the chairman seemingly has.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    Everyone thinks we don’t shell out, the fat man rolls back in after his team can’t make the playoffs and expectations are higher. Wonder why he came back, did Tony open the purse strings? Only expectation I want is for us to still have a club and not get robbed again by this love in the chairman seemingly has.
    Evans had just signed a new contract with Stevenage so TS will have had to pay out.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Evans had just signed a new contract with Stevenage so TS will have had to pay out.
    Exactly.

Anyone fancy amending their original choice before Evo arrived back in town?

I'm sticking with what I put on my original post in that, I would be more than pleased to see us build a nucleus of a hard core bond of players who want to play for each other in order to achieve that winning mentality, with that in mind I'll settle for mid table while we build and gel or, at a push flirt just outside the play offs while we resurrect a RUFC that may entice previous and moreover, new fans to the NYS.

As pointed out by many, we will also need younger players who will still be around for a few years as we look to progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Anyone fancy amending their original choice before Evo arrived back in town?

I'm sticking with what I put on my original post in that, I would be more than pleased to see us build a nucleus of a hard core bond of players who want to play for each other in order to achieve that winning mentality, with that in mind I'll settle for mid table while we build and gel or, at a push flirt just outside the play offs while we resurrect a RUFC that may entice previous and moreover, new fans to the NYS.

As pointed out by many, we will also need younger players who will still be around for a few years as we look to progress.
    You say you'll be happy with mid table and in the circumstances with the rebuild that will be required it's a realistic and sensible expectation. However Northampton are currently 11th and have lost 19 games so far. Can you imagine the Meltdown on here if we lose 19 games next season at League One level? In theory mid table wouldn't be so bad, but in practice it won't go down well at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    You say you'll be happy with mid table and in the circumstances with the rebuild that will be required it's a realistic and sensible expectation. However Northampton are currently 11th and have lost 19 games so far. Can you imagine the Meltdown on here if we lose 19 games next season at League One level? In theory mid table wouldn't be so bad, but in practice it won't go down well at all.
    True it won't but, this time around patience is called for and I for one don't expect a miracle to happen in one season. Those who want instant success need to become a top 4 Premier League fan and choose their team if that's all they crave.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast