+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where would you like us to finish next season?

Where would you like us to finish next season?

Apologies for the digression as I explain myself.

Now we are definitely down, what's your expectations of where we should finish next season in League 1?

A reality check tells me it will be a massive change throughout the team and rightly so, also getting rid of other players still under contract will also be a blessing, if monetary feasible.

Will Liam Richardson be allowed to continue to manage us next season or, will Tony Stewart have a re think or, be persuaded to wipe the entire slate clean and look to employ someone else? Questions, questions, questions but all need answering with swift positive action for whoever is going to manage us in League 1.

As for next season, I don't want us to go straight back up! Why not some may ask? Well, I don't want us thinking we are too big for league 1 and should we be lucky enough to get promoted (doubt it), go through another season in the Championship delivering another abject abysmal return like this season. This is probably, taking into account the money spent, the worst ever in my 56 years of watching the Millers.

I wouldn't even object to a couple of seasons in league 1 but not 5 or 6 like the two Sheffield clubs did. What is needed is good team building though youth, mid and probably a couple of older heads, with the latter moved on as each season progresses. I'm not impressed signing has been crocks, semi fit players, money grabbing wage stealing waste of spaces, players because they were once bought for 8 million Euros who wouldn't get in the Dog and duck side on a Sunday morning, this all has to stop!

I would be more than pleased to see us build a nucleus of a hard core bond of players who want to play for each other in order to achieve that winning mentality, with that in mind I'll settle for mid table while we build and gel or, at a push flirt just outside the play offs while we resurrect a RUFC that may entice previous and more over new fans to the NYS.
    Last edited by Brin; 31-03-2024 at 08:18 PM.

I believe that the worst thing we can do is to bounce straight back up to the Championship.

A top end mid table finish and tackling some of the strategic weaknesses such as the training ground and academy is more important.

I’d be happy to accept 2 to 3 years of the same in League 1 if that means we can have a much better fist of it the next time we are promoted to the Championship.

And you say the club has no ambition??

Same for me mid table averageness would be a Godsend, I know we’ll miss the big away supporters from an atmosphere point of view but not the spankings, would love to see the likes of Durose and Ayres in the team with as Brin says a couple of older heads (that actually want to play for us) Be interesting to see who the coach is LR deserves a chance but he’s not doing himself any favours with this run we’re on

Quote Originally Posted by Feedthegoater View Post
    And you say the club has no ambition??
    Who, a123 or myself?

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Same for me mid table averageness would be a Godsend, I know we’ll miss the big away supporters from an atmosphere point of view but not the spankings, would love to see the likes of Durose and Ayres in the team with as Brin says a couple of older heads (that actually want to play for us) Be interesting to see who the coach is LR deserves a chance but he’s not doing himself any favours with this run we’re on
    Uttis, agree about the away noise being missed but, as a plus factor I think next season we'll have one of the biggest travelling away sets of fans in League 1 as we travel really well. Maybe a new noise and attitude from us all will help the team next season, especially away.

I would snatch your hand off if you could give me 5th from bottom in L1

Mid table for myself. Lots of upheaval at the end of the season. Who ever the manager is next season he’s going to be very busy.

relegation

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Who, a123 or myself?
    Sorry Brin . Yes I was replying to a123

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast