+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ref Watch on Sky

Ref Watch on Sky

They've had a look at the Chelsea penalty, Dermot Gallagher, who usually does all he can to defend his mates, said '100% not a penalty, nor was it a yellow card offence'. He said he wasn't surprised at Vinni's reaction to it and seemed quite at a loss to understand why Mr England had given both the pen and the card. It was as near as he ever comes to criticising a referee.

Stephen Warnock was quite unequivocal, 'Worst decision of the season' was his opinion.

Dead right. It is incompetence on the refs side as well as var. It is even worse than the Simon Hooper decision at Man City. In most walks in life incompetence leads to sacking and this should happen to Darren England his decision is just not a mistake it is incompetence. He should be sacked and told go and find another job.

Two dreadful decisions by Darren England. First the second yellow and then a penalty on top. Double jeopardy? VAR probably went into meltdown wondering how they could sort out that total snafu and just washed their hands of it. Pochettino made himself look a total idiot post match by calling the referee’s decision correct. Maybe he thought it made up for the Disasi goal which was correctly ruled out for handball.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Two dreadful decisions by Darren England. First the second yellow and then a penalty on top. Double jeopardy? VAR probably went into meltdown wondering how they could sort out that total snafu and just washed their hands of it. Pochettino made himself look a total idiot post match by calling the referee’s decision correct. Maybe he thought it made up for the Disasi goal which was correctly ruled out for handball.
    Posted on another thread I think about this - not only is the decision wrong and the punishment to us wrong that VAR s position was pathetic as in no one wants to question the ref or even make a correct decision, it’s absolutely farcical and I take on board completely VK comments regarding all of it.

The whole scenario and charade they put on is ruining the game as we know it - the fact that the referee - assistants and 3/4 others watching ( var ) the incident several times and not one of them could speak up and say it’s a mistake and it needs reversing is beyond me.

A few times this season it’s been ridiculous and it has cost us several points - makes you wander doesn’t it if we were 7/8 points better off now.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Posted on another thread I think about this - not only is the decision wrong and the punishment to us wrong that VAR s position was pathetic as in no one wants to question the ref or even make a correct decision, it’s absolutely farcical and I take on board completely VK comments regarding all of it.

The whole scenario and charade they put on is ruining the game as we know it - the fact that the referee - assistants and 3/4 others watching ( var ) the incident several times and not one of them could speak up and say it’s a mistake and it needs reversing is beyond me.

A few times this season it’s been ridiculous and it has cost us several points - makes you wander doesn’t it if we were 7/8 points better off now.
    100% spot on army88.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)