+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. MK Dons [EFL L2] 01.04.24

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    A bit surprised that nobody has mentioned the obnoxious little piece of sh!t wearing their 18 shirt. He scored a great goal, but spent the rest of the game trying to wind up the home fans or whinge to the ref. He had been subbed before their second and third goals, but instead of celebrating with the rest of the bench he chose to give it large to the DP stand. Something kicked off and the stewards got involved, but I'm not sure what.
    I saw it after he scored like you said a great goal trying to wind up the. Kop, he should have been booked for that.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 02-04-2024 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    unfortunately (or rather fortunately- you decide) i was unable to attend the game today so i was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions for me.
    My concerns about Maynard has been his steadfast approach to games ( that i have seen) to stop his wing backs pushing to far forward and overlapping at pace into space beyond the opposition back four, denying opposition space, but also nullifying our attacks. For me Maynard's future here depends on whether or not he will, or is able to set up the team to attack in this manner instead of setting up not to lose.
    How did he set the team up today ? did we get our wing backs pushing forward again at long last ? did we start creating chances again like we once did instead of living of scraps ?
    thanks in advance x
    Like watching prime attacking Luke ball, give me that and the level of passion showed by the players and I'm all in.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Like watching prime attacking Luke ball, give me that and the level of passion showed by the players and I'm all in.
    First half was really good, start of the second as well….until the substitutions and we lost all momentum. Bostock for Austin was a poor change, as was Warner for Macari, unless there were other reasons.

It was an enjoyable game to watch, he is learning slowly, maybe too slowly for his job.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    We’ve scored a lot of goals this season and conceded a lot.
    I was amazed that we have both scored and conceded the most goals in League 2, and are in second place in both measures for the whole of the top 4 tiers.

could not have put my point across better an excellent post. anybody who has played the game could not agree more. conclusion SM is not up to the job

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    First half was really good, start of the second as well….until the substitutions and we lost all momentum. Bostock for Austin was a poor change, as was Warner for Macari, unless there were other reasons.
    The substitutions felt like substitutions because we had substitutes, no real plan for them. He's done this quite often and the games have changed often for the worst.

I did find it interesting that their manager - getting a LOT of flack from their fans for the "unnecessary" changes in their goalkeeper lineup(!) - took vocal responsibility for what he saw as the failings that sat on his shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    The Sunday league pub manager is back, hello pro active not re active or whatever your previous was.
    Good guess Roy , ala Fools & Horses.
    New to posting on here , so none of the previous aliases.
    The Midland League and Central Midlands League were a bit higher level by the way.
    So keep sucking upto Tinkerman Stuart.
    Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    The substitutions felt like substitutions because we had substitutes, no real plan for them. He's done this quite often and the games have changed often for the worst.
    I certainly didn't think the substitutions helped yesterday.

We were flying at 2-1 up and certainly didn't look tired, which makes me wonder whether the coaching team had an excessively 'fixed' or pre-planned idea of the number of minutes certain players would play, instead of reading the mood and momentum of the game.

If Austin was genuinely spent and couldn't run a minute longer, then Bostock certainly wasn't the right replacement for him - O'Brien would have been a far better choice. Likewise, Jaden Warner didn't strengthen an already weak defence and lazily played MK Dons' forward onside for their third goal by being caught too deep.

At the moment, SM seems to have the knack of making too many decisions that hinder the team rather than helping them, and that needs to change.

LW had his flaws with substitutions if I remember rightly. One game he used them all then we lost a man to injury

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast