+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. MK Dons [EFL L2] 01.04.24

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    That was as close to a LW level of performance at home that we’ve had under SM as others have said. The reason being that we went forward with purpose, confidence and intensity. Likewise out of possession we were more aggressive in trying to win the ball back, pressing and got a bit physical as well namely Robertson the stand out in this.

We’ve scored a lot of goals this season and conceded a lot. Whoever is manager that will not change now with this group of players. I’d have taken a draw against a side in 4th before kick off.

I get the feeling SM is going to be here for the foreseeable and nothing will happen now with five games to go if at all in the summer.

Today the vast majority of people applauded the players throughout and at the end along with the manager because it was a good game and they put the effort in and worked hard for each other. This demonstrates if we do well at home people will get behind the team and manager. Of course there were a handful of people in the bottom left of the kop with banners when we went 3-2 down.

Having listened to SM and AC’s post match interviews I’m of the opinion that the players are playing for the manager and the club. The way they fought and did their best to make sure we didn’t have that six game loss run shows this as well. This is what we need to see now in the last five games.

I liked the fact SM was quite bullish and he’s right that we had problems before he arrived. We all know we have conceded too many goals since the opening day at Sutton, Harrogate, Colchester and howlers like against Shrewsbury. LW mentioned about concentration when he was here and made it clear about players making mistakes only getting so many chances.

With a summer of recruitment, a clean slate and the backing of the club and the players could SM be the inspired appointment he was supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    We’ve scored a lot of goals this season and conceded a lot.
    I was amazed that we have both scored and conceded the most goals in League 2, and are in second place in both measures for the whole of the top 4 tiers.