+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. MK Dons [EFL L2] 01.04.24

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Dont let that worry you we signed Langstaff/Scott without a manager/head coach.

Not that we were ever getting relegated but we now know this is a fact so we prepare now for it.
    That includes the coaching team.. if we he Bros are committed to them staying beyond this season, come out and back him. If not, let him go now. Momentum is a funny thing in football and we can’t coast through the remainder because we are safe. We need to get some positive results regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Up to 15th,

6 points behind 12th (Harrogate) so if we still have any chance of finishing in the top half we probably have to beat them next week.
    Harrogate scored 5 goals in the last half hour today and have a very good away record since November.

Maynard sounding brighter, "credit to the lads when we went 3-2 down". Talks about intensity being there today.

He says "This place has to got to become a fortress"..... well it was before you came matey!

"You've got to look at the problems before we came here"....... yeah, we were 6th.
    His Wealdstone mate on Twitter who obviously never watches us play keeps going on about problems before he arrived. Clearly what Maynard tells him.

Completely deluded.

The problems before he arrived are why we drew 3-3 today. Not why we lost so many under him up to now.

I didn't enjoy him saying we'd lost 9 of 15 before he arrived....he shouldn't be counting them up - he should be concentrating on winning his own games.

But those 15 included away to Lincoln in a ridiculous competition, and even so in those 15 games, 16pts if still better than his 9 from 42. It'll make it worse if he tries to spin us and take the fans for fools.

Radio Nottingham interview with SM laughable and decided.
    Unlucky not to score 3 goals first half. Great attacking performance taking the game to MKD.
    Started the second half well then SM hands the iniative to the opposition.
    Ridiculous substitutions ,wrong players at the wrong time. Doing OK then we needlessly swap Austin , Chicks and Jatta.
    Nemane MOM only ratified after his equalising goal probably the weakest link today really.
    Superb individual performances and spirit.
    Lions lead by donkeys again.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Pie_Man View Post
    Some people would watch paint dry as long as it was black and white.
    What the hell do you want? - they played their hearts out today FFS!!!

** deluded **

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    David Jackson saying it's a funny stage of the season to sack a manager and thinks the owners will now hang on to the end of it, assuming they are considering it of course.

I'm a bit taken back by Maynard saying he wouldn't have done anything differently since he's been here, considering his PPG. He says he'd only change his luck. It's more than bad luck to be averaging less than 1 point a game approaching a third of the season's worth of matches in charge.
    It was a decent result today, but that interview is going to rub some people up the wrong way I feel.
    I agree with Jackson its pointless now.

Also Maynard is bound to say that as he will believe in his methods and saying otherwise will be to his own downfall most are bullish they have to be its a hard job.

Dont worry about what he says its what the fans say that will matter in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    What the hell do you want? - they played their hearts out today FFS!!!
    As someone who actually went to the match this was my take too, they were gutted at full time and you could tell.

Taking Jatta off was probably a mistake but we changed how we went forward and it was working, we just couldn't get on the end of it, and again defensive mistakes cost us...

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Subs changing games.

Warner and Bostock weakened us big time
    They may have done but I could understand the changes. I thought Austin, despite his goal (which was well taken) was our weak link in the first half, and Macari went missing for their second.

What I can't understand is that if we are leading or even level we seem to adopt a negative mindset and that is surely on the coach. Only when we went behind today did we start to wake up.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast