+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. MK Dons [EFL L2] 01.04.24

Quote Originally Posted by SinceSept1959 View Post
    Thanks for your comments and yes I have played at a high level , been a player manager and manager , so I do understand that players have to have minutes measured especially in the modern game, and especially with advances in sports science and technology .
    Thanks for stating the obvious without the arrogant need for two capital f's and a capital s.
    I also understand game flows and momentum which SM obviously doesn't . His use of substitutes at Crawley and Wimbledon (H) in particular , highlight this fact.
    It appears that Maynard obviously favours defensive options and is more likely to lose a game than win it.
    The important point to note is that Notts were quite comfortable at the time subs were made and if players are tired after 53 minutes they didn't show it today.
    With your superior tactical knowledge , please enlighten me which substitutions you would have made and try to convince me that Bostock , Didzy and Warner actually improved our chances of winning the game.
    As I stated, Nemane was indifferent throughout the game and Jones was probably a better option on the right today with Chicks staying on at LWB.
    Maynard has regularly utilised JJ on the right and Jatta may have been able to add to his tally with crosses from both flanks.
    Scotty would have been a better bet than an unfit Didzy and JOB would have provided more urgency and momentum than Bostock in his current form.
    I'm still of the opinion that it was two points lost, rather than a point gained because of duff substitutions at the wrong time.
    Let me get this right. SM has been slated in here for playing Jones on the right and that’s what you would have done?
    Jones for Chickson was the obvious change. I’ll give you JoB as an alternative, but like you, I have no idea how fit he is given his absence on Friday.
    You would have chucked on a player that hasn’t played for 6/7 months instead of an ‘unfit’ Didzy. The irony.
    I’d love to see Scott play. I can’t wait until he is back, but not sure today is the day. I suppose an option would have been to bring Scott on to play the Crowley role and pop Crowley where Austin played instead of the immobile and seemingly unwilling to run Bostock.

Thanks for your comments and yes I have played at a high level , been a player manager and manager , so I do understand that players have to have minutes measured especially in the modern game, and especially with advances in sports science and technology .
    Thanks for stating the obvious without the arrogant need for two capital f's and a capital s.
    I also understand game flows and momentum which SM obviously doesn't . His use of substitutes at Crawley and Wimbledon (H) in particular , highlight this fact.
    It appears that Maynard obviously favours defensive options and is more likely to lose a game than win it.
    The important point to note is that Notts were quite comfortable at the time subs were made and if players are tired after 53 minutes they didn't show it today.
    With your superior tactical knowledge , please enlighten me which substitutions you would have made and try to convince me that Bostock , Didzy and Warner actually improved our chances of winning the game.
    As I stated, Nemane was indifferent throughout the game and Jones was probably a better option on the right today with Chicks staying on at LWB.
    Maynard has regularly utilised JJ on the right and Jatta may have been able to add to his tally with crosses from both flanks.
    Scotty would have been a better bet than an unfit Didzy and JOB would have provided more urgency and momentum than Bostock in his current form.
    I'm still of the opinion that it was two points lost, rather than a point gained because of duff substitutions at the wrong time.
    SM hasn't mads one positive substitution since his arrival. Usually we concede just after he makes changes. Today we conceded just after Bostock game on, and then again when McGoldrick came on...The sooner he goes the better..

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Who's on his way home a happy boy then...😁
    Ha ha I was thinking Wedgie has pulled it off this week!

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Bringing Bostock on cost us the game. As soon as he came on, he slowed the game down with his back passes, which allowed MK to press and take control.
    Bostock does that all the time. Only got a left foot and so negative.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Bostock does that all the time. Only got a left foot and so negative.
    I don’t like saying it but I think Bostock is past his best.

Have you listened to Chicks' interview.
    He said he was on the bench icing his achilles. It is his achilles tendon that has caused him to miss so much of the season already.
    Anybody who has had achilles problems will tell you that it can take many weeks and usually months to sort out.
    Don't be surprised and berate the manager if he doesn't play against Harrogate.
    Taking him off was obviously the correct decision.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    We had to stop the rot at home, and we’ve done that. Now we need to play well and beat Harrogate on Saturday.
    Today changes nothing. It wasn't even a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastultra1977 View Post
    Can't agree....they won't sack him.He would have gone by now
    S M Said in interview that no contact from owners. He talked about to play in L 2 you needed to be physically strong and that recruitment for the new season would take that

Enjoyable and entertaining game, we were worth a point at least and good to see that a big majority of the fans were mostly positive. It's not done anything to convince me that Maynard is the answer, but it was nice to leave the ground without the sound of away fans celebrating loudly!

It was only 3 weeks ago people were saying Bostock had kicked off at SM and that’s why he wasn’t in when he should be?? Austin wasn’t 100% after illness, would JOB do better he’s been erratic of a late. Just seen Williamson’s interview and heaping praise on SM to do well at Notts, I have a feeling he’s going nowhere.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast