+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday pyro incident

Saturday pyro incident

I hope the club go easy with the boys the police have lifted, no hasty life time bans, maybe better using it as educational, take them to see the young guy and a suspended ban maybe

Think this might be worth a try. It will be obvious if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I hope the club go easy with the boys the police have lifted, no hasty life time bans, maybe better using it as educational, take them to see the young guy and a suspended ban maybe
    Good shout.

I doubt it was deliberate however they shouldn’t be using them.

Could have been a lot worse.

If you chuck something that can burn somebody you deserve all you get really.

I'd like to think as soon as he or she did it they were horrified but probably weren't.

No seen the laddies injury, don't really want to.

I know youngsters rebel against authority but maybe the club cud ask what they can use instead of pyros.

Maybe club cud sponsor banners and more flags

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Good shout.

I doubt it was deliberate however they shouldn’t be using them.

Could have been a lot worse.
    Looked across just as it was chucked, looked to me that they were trying to reach track but were ducking Doon to avoid cameras, hence the ****e throw........still even at 12 you surely ken no to chuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I would agree, one time only, to see if they learn. I suspect they were thinking scare stories were just that, stories and they were doing no harm but Saturday should have shown them different. Worry is that it is so widespread now that it won't sink in. If any of them are found with flares again then I would throw the book at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    If you chuck something that can burn somebody you deserve all you get really.

I'd like to think as soon as he or she did it they were horrified but probably weren't.

No seen the laddies injury, don't really want to.

I know youngsters rebel against authority but maybe the club cud ask what they can use instead of pyros.

Maybe club cud sponsor banners and more flags
    Unfortunately youngsters don’t think of consequences, but that’s not a reason to hand out life bans, reading the kids mother, I don’t think she would like to see them banned, they didn’t throw it with the intention of hitting someone, so some leniency has to be showing

Firstly i hope the young lad will be ok and recovers quickly. Secondly i think the club will overreact to this incident and come down hard on the young lads in the SE in the upcoming games regardless if it was any of their section that threw the pyro, i was at the game but did not see the incident.

I think the stewards will be all over them on Sat at the instruction of the club and for the rest of the season, while you can bet your bottom dollar that Rangers will come to town have as much pyro as they like and nothing will be done to them but OB and stewards will be all over our young lads like a rash.

Quote Originally Posted by Dens Park Dynamo View Post
    Firstly i hope the young lad will be ok and recovers quickly. Secondly i think the club will overreact to this incident and come down hard on the young lads in the SE in the upcoming games regardless if it was any of their section that threw the pyro, i was at the game but did not see the incident.

I think the stewards will be all over them on Sat at the instruction of the club and for the rest of the season, while you can bet your bottom dollar that Rangers will come to town have as much pyro as they like and nothing will be done to them but OB and stewards will be all over our young lads like a rash.
    Agree about Rangers fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dens Park Dynamo View Post

Watching the Livi v Celtic game on Sunday, at the start of the second half the "unwashed" let off numerous green flares, you could clearly hear smoke alarms sounding in the background but the game carried on as normal. Why was the Dundee game against Sevco held up?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)