+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Player and manager ratings v Franchise Fc

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Ive said all along that we shouldn't have signed him, our priority should have been the defence and a decent goal keeper.. Personally i think both him and Bostock have been largely responsible for much of our play becoming static and predictable.. If we need to progress, then those are the ones we can do without..
    I think in another world we sign flint instead of Mcgoldrick and Scott doesn’t end up injured the season ends differently, maybe not promotion but up there in the playoffs.

Ive said all along that we shouldn't have signed him, our priority should have been the defence and a decent goal keeper.. Personally i think both him and Bostock have been largely responsible for much of our play becoming static and predictable.. If we need to progress, then those are the ones we can do without..
    DM provided some sublime moments in the first half of the season, but I was always concerned about how we could accommodate him into our system alongside Macca - and I still don’t think we’ve solved that one.

Quote Originally Posted by ajojones View Post
    We were thrilled when one of our own turned down div1 and championship offers to come to us. He was excellent early on, goals, presence, assists. An ex Premier player being coached by SM and his part time mates is the actual problem. I never get how scape goating and chat hating on wages (we just don't know) is helpful. If we never signed him and had a chance of signing him in January we would have been impressed all over again. He is quality and the team needs to build around him and Macca. And he's all Notts.
    Absolutely agree! I simply cannot understand the recent negative stance on McGoldrick. He was top level for first 1/3 of season but due to Scott injury and Morias no show! He has been asked to put in too many minutes and us now knackered and carrying an injury. A top class professional in my eyes.

Have you changed your mind about Aaron Nemane?

As someone said earlier why would we want to sign a player who scored 25 goals in the division higher and was wanted by other bigger clubs? Derby fans were gutted when he left, it just doesn’t make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    He was a mile off man of the match yesterday whoever decided that was watching a different game to me. Langstaff was a massive pest all game in his more roving role than usual and Chicksen was excellent. Roberts whilst also unassuming did a great job. Nemane huffed and puffed and made a very positive contribution for sure but in a wingback role he is too lightweight at the back, cannot head a ball and is inconsistent going forward. And they are traits we can all see over a substantial amount of time. He's an absolute definite very useful squad player but not much more really.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    No...

McGoldrick could have had better chances to improve his goal ratio if Bostock stopped his really bad habit of playing his safe but negative sideways passing and tried looking looking forwards. His constant trotting sideways carrying the ball gets us nowhere positive but allows the enemy time to re-organise their midfield. That left and right movement is echoed in reverse by Macca moving right and left waving his hand, hoping for the pass that never comes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12