+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben Wiles

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    The fact Ben Wiles would walk straight into our team, but can't even get a game for an absolutely dire Huddersfield side, tells you everything you need to know about the squad we currently have.
    It does to you because you don’t like Ben Wiles but some of us do think he is a decent player and I think calling him overrated is a little bit silly. Why not take some pride from a local lad that came through a rubbish youth system to fight his way into the first team when we had a manager that rarely brought through any young players. Why not see him for what he was a talented, well mannered and decent lad that scored a cracking goal for us in a cup final and made the club some money when he left, a player that would play anywhere for the team no matter what was asked of him. Also what it does show is what some others said, it was MT trying to remove as much of the old guard as possible and then recruiting crap in their place.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    It does to you because you don’t like Ben Wiles but some of us do think he is a decent player and I think calling him overrated is a little bit silly. Why not take some pride from a local lad that came through a rubbish youth system to fight his way into the first team when we had a manager that rarely brought through any young players. Why not see him for what he was a talented, well mannered and decent lad that scored a cracking goal for us in a cup final and made the club some money when he left, a player that would play anywhere for the team no matter what was asked of him. Also what it does show is what some others said, it was MT trying to remove as much of the old guard as possible and then recruiting crap in their place.
    He's absolutely overrated. There's nothing silly about saying it. The fact is, there's only one team in the Championship he could get a regular game for, and that's us. With the rose tinted specs off, what does that tell you?

I totally respect the lad, he's done well for himself and the club in general but I don't think he's a Championship midfielder. He'd be great for us in L1 next season.

If he wasn't from Rawmarsh no one would give a stuff. He's bang average

Ben was/is great player,we are crying out for someone like him in the midfield.
    Why do some "fans" take great pleasure in slagging off any player from Rotherham or comes through the ranks, makes you wonder why want to leave.

I wouldn't say Burnley are the Rolls Royce of scouting, but they obviously saw something too.

He's a solid player, runs for days, offered an injection in the middle which we've seldom had this season despite playing some teams who look pretty ordinary. I'd have him back for either L1 or (if it ever happens) our next crack at this league, but I thinks it's completely irrelevant anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Ben was/is great player,we are crying out for someone like him in the midfield.
    Why do some "fans" take great pleasure in slagging off any player from Rotherham or comes through the ranks, makes you wonder why want to leave.
    jealousy mostly, as simple as that, they haven't achieved much in life so they project their failings onto others, unfortunately it is a common trait.

Wiles when he got on here recently got Huddersfield more on the front foot. Not sure if he ever got over his injury?

I was late coming out for the 2nd half Vs Huddersfield and it wasn't until the following day I realised/was told he came on as halftime sub.
    As a few have mentioned. League one (which we are heading to) he's a v good player. Not seen anything to suggest he's championship standard. Even with barlaser chio, rathbone alongside home he always looked the weakest link.

If the injury has limited what he can do, then there is but one cause….rushing about covering for others, jumping up in a fashion he wouldn’t normally do which puts a body at risk and can result in what happened. A running jump is one bad footballers enemy.
    Watch the reply.
    During the injury break, the body language of all at the technical area looks quite revealing.
    Well covered by the cameras.

I think anyone on here decrying what Ben did should desist. Out of order.
    Perhaps they were not at bramall lane or wembley?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast