+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shamed but not named

Quote Originally Posted by redhouse View Post
    I suggest you listen to his interview again not once did he say players wouldn't make themselves available .
    I don't usually listen to the interviews so made an effort just to make sure IBS isn't up to his old devilment and TBH I think he has a point. On 2 occasions LR stated that 'certain players have made themselves available and credit to them' and to me that indicates (and I know it's conjecture) that 'certain players didn't make themselves available'. First time I've listened to LR and not a single mention of the building

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I don't usually listen to the interviews so made an effort just to make sure IBS isn't up to his old devilment and TBH I think he has a point. On 2 occasions LR stated that 'certain players have made themselves available and credit to them' and to me that indicates (and I know it's conjecture) that 'certain players didn't make themselves available'. First time I've listened to LR and not a single mention of the building
    Paul Davis at the ' tiser also believes it was a dig.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    The second time he mentioned it he was talking about Revan being on loan and making himself available . The first time he said certain players had made themselves available which both could have indicated after injuries . But you can read what you want in it . I know what it sounded like to me and unless someone actually says certain players didn't make themselves available then I don't assume that they did .

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Eaves was going in when I was leaving so you can add him to the list
    Cayton, we were sat at Table 38, near to Brecks table, Eaves must have gone in the players lounge, he didn't show in the lounge.

like you say, Revan poped in to sign for the kids, and of course Viktor was in there, and his family were. His Dad was on the stage with him.

Usually get 2 or 3 extras coming in for the kids.
    Last edited by avondalemiller; 02-04-2024 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redhouse View Post
    The second time he mentioned it he was talking about Revan being on loan and making himself available . The first time he said certain players had made themselves available which both could have indicated after injuries . But you can read what you want in it . I know what it sounded like to me and unless someone actually says certain players didn't make themselves available then I don't assume that they did .
    As you say, it's all down to opinions and interpretation but if everyone was onboard I'm sure he'd say something like "credit to the whole squad who despite some nagging injuries and our horrible predicament continue to push for a place in the starting XI".

The point here is a developing theme….what comes out is most definitely never straight talking. Incomplete and ambiguous at best.
    I’m not impressed.
    We got evasiveness and repetition for quite long time. Now we get one thing which sounds like…?

Dressing room is a mess.

We've a mix of mercenaries and players who I suspect are completely disillusioned with the club like Rathbone.

The worse of the mercenaries are the ones taking the pay and effectively retiring.

Must say when I listened to his interview my thought was who doesn't want to play then.
    But it's possible he meant something else, as scapegoats and conspiracies are very popular on here !
    However if he really was saying that some players are not interested in playing then he has more to cope with than a failing team.
    Contrast this with attitude of the likes of Wood, Smith and Frecklingon,maybe this might explain why we are so bad this season.

Would be better to say who could be available for selection.

Tbf to the manager he’s having to weigh up so many different issues he’s trying to be transparent without being to critical.
    A tough ask of him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast