+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Queens Park (a)

More satisfied at performance levels and commitment on Saturday, nice to see the CB's playing the essence of CB's and getting upfield whenever possible from time to time.

Still a bugbear that we have 2 players at corners, free kicks etc etc. Its known where its going and the extra player is rarely or never used, so why waste him.

Sibbald and Docherty playing well together has taken some pressure off McCann and Middleton but I still need to see much more from them.

I'd imagine it's done to make the opposition unsure whether it's about to be an in or out swinging corner.

Terry, you & Jim are definitely on the same page
    #tacticalgenius

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I'd imagine it's done to make the opposition unsure whether it's about to be an in or out swinging corner.
    Or two defenders less in the box.

I'm beginning to think that Jim's not as daft as he looks

A word about managers.

Every day is a school day, managers can & do get better, learning on the job can be a steep curve. Experience is paramount, managers aren't built in a day. Goodwin was 3 years at Alloa, 3 years at St Mirren & a year at Aberdeen. Learning all the time.
    He must be picking up something. Surely he must be a better manager today than he was 8 years ago, as per all apprenticeships.

But lose on Friday & he's sh!te.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    I'm beginning to think that Jim's not as daft as he looks

A word about managers.

Every day is a school day, managers can & do get better, learning on the job can be a steep curve. Experience is paramount, managers aren't built in a day. Goodwin was 3 years at Alloa, 3 years at St Mirren & a year at Aberdeen. Learning all the time.
    He must be picking up something. Surely he must be a better manager today than he was 8 years ago, as per all apprenticeships.

But lose on Friday & he's sh!te.
    Thing is though,it doesn't take a tactical genius to play your only two fit center halves. Miller Thompson has been undroppable since coming in and again, you don't really need much tactical nous to figure out that Tillson and Grieve belong in junior football at best. So all of this has happened by accident really, and IMO he's still ****e 👍

Yes picking your best eleven is not too radical, or moving ball quicker out of defence. Maybe stumbled on that due to centre halves he had to play, though I do think it was a Def tactic to pull on Raith defence tbf.

Lot of people seem to get worked up about the two on corners, as someone said it's to take opposition out box, can't say it fuses me either way, still comes down to delivery in the end.

Lot of people seem to get worked up about the two on corners, as someone said it's to take opposition out box, can't say it fuses me either way, still comes down to delivery in the end.
    It does wind me up. Its like all of JG tactics, its now so repetitive that every opponent knows whats going to happen.

If its to draw out the defense the why not put that extra man on the opposite corner flag to catch the over played ball and clearances and also stretch the defense.

We do the same thing time and time again.

Put a man in the opposite corner? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    It does wind me up. Its like all of JG tactics, its now so repetitive that every opponent knows whats going to happen.

If its to draw out the defense the why not put that extra man on the opposite corner flag to catch the over played ball and clearances and also stretch the defense.

We do the same thing time and time again.
    Yeah but before this season we had one guy taking corners for the last 100 years! I don't actually disagree with your point about mixing it up though, case being persisting with that hopeless Declan Gallagher long throw a few weeks ago!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)